• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Basement pond

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Pretty cool. What are the dims on the pond and what is the filter you have on there? I See the return pump, leading up to the blue bin. What's in it?

the pond is a 185g the return pump is a mag drive 9.5 i work at lowes pt and they have these storage bins on clearence for 2.50 i grabebd 4 of them and got 2 bulk heads filled with lava rock and some really thick pond filter material and it keep every thing clean heater is in filter basically it works just like that that tetra pond filter

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Did you do anything to support the pond liner or is it just sitting on the ground? I have a similar type plastic liner, only about 1/2 the size. I would like to set it up as a summer time tank outdoors, but don't want to actually plant it in the ground. I was concerned that the liner was meant to be supported on the perimeter and may warp under the water pressure once filled. Maybe I'm overthinking things...

Yes i learned the hard way when i first put in and filled everything was good till i woke up in the am the sides had collapsed. fortunately i had some cinder blocks close put one on each corner and have not had any problems since

yep matt dump filter the cost to make that filter was what i would have paid in tax on the commercially availible style i already had the pump

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I think you are over-thinking this as well, Jon. Those ponds are pretty rigid and I wouldn't be concerned with it.

Worst case scenario, set it up, build a box around it with 4x4s and fill the box around the pond with dirt or stone. Would be easier to level on your side yard for sure.

EDIT: Never mind. Had this post open for a while and missed Nick's reply.