• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Baltimore Aquarium Worth To Buy Family Pass?

cdjunior24

Members
do they have good african cichlid colection?

worth to buy the family pass? LOL..kinda pricy to get 2 passes
[/b]

now i haven't been in about 6 months but from what i can remember is that they had one smaller display that was just jam packed with fronts, julis, and a peacock or two...nothing too impressive in that respect...their huge ray/shark tank is neat and i've heard their new australian exhibit is pretty cool.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

now i haven't been in about 6 months but from what i can remember is that they had one smaller display that was just jam packed with fronts, julis, and a peacock or two...nothing too impressive in that respect...their huge ray/shark tank is neat and i've heard their new australian exhibit is pretty cool.
[/b][/quote]
damn...then i might not even buy that pass

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The do not have much in the way of Cichlids but it is still a nice place to visit. I prefer going on a week day to stay away from the crowds.
I try to go every couple of years.

maddog10

Members
You can always join the volunteer program and see all the fish for FREE. Of course they do expect you to feed the fish (not as easy as it sounds) and clean the tanks. Of course they do have it set up so saltwater comes out of a tap. It is a good experience if you can commit to it. I did it every other Friday morning (my boss didn't like it, but oh well) and every other Sunday morning.

longstocking

Members
Yes ! Join the volunteer program. But first ! ... get scuba certified, then you can go diving when you are volunteering there. Basically, jump in the ray/shark tank and have fun ! ( ok ok you have to feed the fish and clean algae... but it's cool ... or so I've been told)

maddog10

Members
Sarah,

Last I heard, that was a LOOONNNGGGG waiting list. Might not be so bad now. Of course it is warm, clear water less than an hour away.

mscichlid

Founder
What I used to do was support the Aquarium by becoming a member and then go very early in the morning to shoot the Amazonian tank. What I hate about that tank now is that they put a Camen and huge Red-Tailed Sharks and other huge things that take away whats going on in the background. The Apistos, cardinals, plecos and the like get lost.

Steve

Members
Hi,

It is is worth it, in my opinion, to get the family pass if you know that you will go a few times during the year. (Plus, when there's a crowd, it's sweet to be able to bypass the line of people waiting to get in.)

They haven't had a decent African tank since they broke down the big one . . . ten (?) years ago. (I think I still have a catfish from that tank . . . .) The aquarium, however, does generally maintain what I term a "Brichardi breeding tank."

I still think that one of the nicer aquariums I've seen was the one in Cincinnati (site of the ACA meeting in '03).

Steve

marge618

CCA member
:

[/b]

Hello! The couple pass or family pass is well worth the price. This is especially true if you expect to return often.

oh well i went there on friday...

honestly i am kinda not impressed with it....a few giant tanks and pools...there are not much ..the tropical theme on the roof...what that all about??? i thought is an aquarium..wtf the forest doing in there

mscichlid

Founder

honestly i am kinda not impressed with it....a few giant tanks and pools...there are not much ..the tropical theme on the roof...what that all about??? i thought is an aquarium..wtf the forest doing in there
[/b]

ROTFLMAO!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

ROTFLMAO!
[/b][/quote]

lol....