• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Baby Jag Discovery

blkmjk

Members
Well I know I have mentioned thus to a few members that I found two jag fry @2" living in my emperor 400. This alone is astonishing to me now to top it off I have noticed an extreme growth from both fish. I found them a week before aquamania but they have grown notably since then. Anyone else have this kind of experience? These fry have to be 6 months old because I haven't had a pair of jags together in at least 6 months. I would think they would be stunted. Not growing like champs?

Here is dad now residing with graveldigger. Mom was one of DQ's Honduras from Mo Devlin. Since passed due to aggression.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

uploadfromtaptalk1363784899909.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Gorgeous fish for sure!

Amazing how those guys could get sucked up the intake tube and pass through the impeller unharmed.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Yes I have had this happen a couple of times many years ago, very surprised as well- shows how hardy the SAC's truly are.

blkmjk

Members
I have 2 Honduran jags now. A 6-7" female and a 4" make both are from Dan COA. Here is a picture of the female I have now. Long thought to be male. But now I know better. Dan sexed her for me.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

uploadfromtaptalk1363792539871.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It is pretty amazing how fish can live in 2 cups of water, eating nothing but the leftovers that get sucked into the filter.

Thanks again for that male just looking for the right female to put with him. i think my yellow heads are finally trying to do something as well so I am in the holding pattern with those 2...