• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Awesome deal on a 150 on CL

YSS

Members
That does sound like a great deal. Often when things are too good to be true, they are. I emailed the seller to find out. :)

Becca

Members
That does sound like a great deal. Often when things are too good to be true, they are. I emailed the seller to find out. :)

We got our current 150 and stand off of CL for $300, so it's not completely unbelievable - I hope it works out for you!

verbal

CCA Members
+1. Seems to make sens to me.

Big tanks on CL seem to have the biggest range. There are some who seem to think their setup is plated with gold. Either because they paid so much for it, or some told them is was worth XXXX.

On the other hand you have people who want it out of their house and they figure a cheap price is worth it to get a quick sale.

Becca

Members
On this one I belive they probably live in an apartment and got in trouble.

True story... We had ours set up on the 2nd floor of a condo many years ago. We confirmed that the floor would hold it with my architect father. One night The Uglies knocked the spray bar loose and one stream, just one, sprayed out of the tank, hit the wall, and dribbled down. Our floor was bone dry, but overnight that single stream dribbled enough water out of the tank to completely flood the ceiling of the condo below us. The tank was down about 25%... Thank goodness for renters insurance! USAA took care of it quickly and we never, ever got found out!

daninmd

Members
its a scam. emailed the guy and go the "its already sold, but here is a link to the website i bought it from"...its one of those scam bidding sites. stay away and dont email him, they are just collecting email addresses.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
its a scam. emailed the guy and go the "its already sold, but here is a link to the website i bought it from"...its one of those scam bidding sites. stay away and dont email him, they are just collecting email addresses.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Solid gone

Some upstanding citizen flagged the post for removal after reading the account of your exchange.

Oops.

Becca

Members
EEK! Sorry guys! I use CL so infrequently and almost exclusively for fish stuff - I've never actually had the fish stuff lead to a scam before!

dogofwar

CCA Members
I saw something on Craigslist about some kind of Aquarium Swap Meet in Gaithersburg last weekend. Anyone check it out?

Mat

verbal

CCA Members
I saw something on Craigslist about some kind of Aquarium Swap Meet in Gaithersburg last weekend. Anyone check it out?

Mat

I was too busy re-arranging my sock drawer j/k

Seriously it was a great time and thanks for all the hard work you did Matt.