• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

awesome birthday present!

illpoet

Members
so i told my dad (who is an avid nature photographer) that i was taking pictures of my fish with a cellphone and he almost had a heart attack. He insisted that for my birthday i take his old dslr camera. Its soooo much nicer, i'm slowly learning how to use it. these are some of the pictures on the first day.

Subdominate A. Rubescens male and a gf from my group
subdomgirl.jpg

C. Frontosa "kavalla" I suspect he's a male since he was given to me for attacking not only other Frontosa's but most other african males, and a few new world males too. he doesn't mind kribs or angelfish tho.
kavallafrontosa.jpg

Nimbochromis Venustus not sure how to sex these guys.
nvenustus.jpg

subdomgirl.jpg

kavallafrontosa.jpg

nvenustus.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
I think Venustus are a lot like Livingstoni, in that the dominant male will color up pretty dramatically after they put on some size.

illpoet

Members
Mated Angelfish, this picture kinda gives me vertigo:

angelpair.jpg

CONVICT/FIREMOUTH HYBRID FRY COMING SOON! not really but i'm sure these two would provide me with plenty if i moved them. The female firemouth's was rescued from a friends tank that contained an unruly Jewell that killed her mate. The convict took an instant liking to her and protects her fiercely.
convictfiremouth.jpg

The jewell also did a number on this aquidens rivulatus but he healed better (except for his bottom lip!)
greenterror.JPG

thats all for now! i'm sure will come very soon after i've read the manual and practiced a bit more!

angelpair.jpg

convictfiremouth.jpg

greenterror.JPG

illpoet

Members
thanks francine! I only have two venustus atm verbal but i'm hoping to get more they are pretty cool. that one is definately the more colored of the two! thanks for the info!

mscichlid

Founder
The sharpness and exposure of the Nimbochromis Venustus is your goal. At the same time, clean your glass. :)