• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey all,

Back in January, the club did our tank tours presentation at the monthly meeting. Jon Clark, Frank Cowherd and Sam Labudde did a heck of a job and collectively, put together one of the best programs I have seen anywhere. I lent a helping hand by making videos of Sam and Jon's tanks for the presentations. With their permission, I will be posting them up to Youtube and onto their respective threads.

I'll be posting them up every day or so over the next week, so if you guys don't mind, please fill in the gaps with descriptions of what fish are in the tank and any other info you'd like.

Cheers.

(Click on the Youtube button at the bottom of the window for HD video)

Sam's Cichlids - Biotodoma cupido & Corydoras robustus CCA
[YT]3uN6ORFz3aA[/YT]

Plenipotentiary-at-large
As you wish...

...Mistah President.

75 gallons (Craigslist) de-chlorinated DC tap at 74°F, standard Catalina T5 lighting with manual moonlights (Ebay), two Eheim canisters (2028 and 2227 wet-dry - Ebay) and no chemical additives/supplements. Biotidoma cupido (Jeff Rapps), Corydorus robustus (Frank Falcone), undescribed Peruvian tetras (Michael Barber) and several large ABNSs. Plants are Bolbitis, Hygrophila augustifolia, various Anubias, Najsa and water lettuce. Substrate is play sand from Home Depot, rocks are mostly WC from all over the US, oak leaves from the side-yard.

Cupidos spawned a couple of times before the dominant male died, the C. robustus have done some glass swimming on occasion but have yet to spawn here or anywhere else as yet in captivity, no idea about the tetras.

Tank has been up for three+ years, canisters are purged about once a year, sponge pre-filters during every other water change (2+ times a month) - aside from a couple cases of pop-eye that were treated successfully in situ with Melafix, no issues other than hair algae (now receding) from when water changes were far less frequent.

Favorite tank to watch at night under moonlights when Corys move to foreground.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Had a crazy last couple of weeks at work, so sorry for slacking on this.

Once I get the rundown on types of fish, I'll edit the Youtube details.

[YT]0_u2KP0kfCI[/YT]

Greengirl

Members
This is my second favorite tank at Sam's place. My favorite is the one with the blue striped and platinum pair of angels. I hope you will put that video next, Tony.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Tag

Super arcuatus - not easy to find, arrived as part of our group catfish order last summer, yet to be spawned in captivity. Angels are black veils and paraibas grown up from sub-dime sized juvies courtesy of Tonya/Ophelia, still trying to decide if I want to part with them and repurpose the tank. The large WC Biotodoma cupido and his consort (from Michael Barber) are now with Hannibal.

Plants are Hygrophilia augustifolia, Anubias, hornwort and Java moss. Local WC oak leaves and mostly WC driftwood on a shallow garnet substrate. Filtration for a standard 55 supplied by twin AC 110s with coarse (pond) pre-filters, has one Jaeger 200W heater and a standard Deep Blue T5 (not HO) with moonlights.

mchambers

Former CCA member
WC oak leaves? Did you get them in Rock Creek Park? Because if the tree was in someone's yard, I don't think they're WC.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
You'd prefer "free range"

They weren't fenced in and at liberty to go where they might...do you not consider urban squirrels and birds to be "wild"?