• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AV-50 Air Pump issue

bschuhart

Members
Has anyone had any issues with any AV series air pumps turning off because of overheating. My pump is less than a year old and turns off several times a day for about 25 minutes then turns back on. I called WON Brothers and they said it's the thermal protection switch kicking in to protect the pump from catching on fire. That makes me really feel good! They also said it should not be happening on a regular basis.

I tried bleeding off allot of extra air but that doesn't make any difference.

Any suggestions?

minifoot77

Members
what is it sitting on? and how is the plumbing routed? if it is sitting on carpet or behind a tank or something its not cooling enough and if you aren't using enough of the air attach 6-8 air lines to the valves and run them into a box with pillow batting (filter floss) keep them fully opened :)

bschuhart

Members
The AV-50 is on a hard surface, in the open. I'm running about 8 feet of 5/8 ID tubing to a 3/4 in PVC with 20 airline valves. I have 6 sponge filters, 2 box filters(w/ air stones), and 3 air stones connected to it and one air valve fully open bleeding off. If I open more I loose air to the box filters.