• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aulonocara stuartgranti Blue Neon

Wblaze

Members
I just saw these online -- anyone keep them -- any thoughts on what you would put them in a tank with?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I think David G (cabinetmaker) has some of those. From what I've seen, they are not overly aggressive peacocks. Keep them with mild mbuna or a smaller hap (Copadichromis, Otopharynx, etc), depending on tank size.

davidhusker

Members
Ive kept them 3 times and currently I have some Blue Neon Chiwinidi. I only have 1 female now but the male and her pair off, she's yet to hold full term yet.

The "Hai Reef" variant used to be pretty popular in the hobby, then the "Undu Reef" became the hit, which is a little more purple looking blue. To be honest you cant really tell much difference between the 3 except small changes. But those are the 3 locations they are typically collected/imported.

The chiwindi has always been my favorite as their blues get almost a sky blue color, however it seems to be taking forever for my male to get his blues on his fins.

Anyhow. You'd be safe to keep them with almost anything hap/peacock related. They're pretty docile.

ChiwindiEdit.jpg

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Tony was rite? But I dont have anymore. Male hated his females and he killed them, I put male in show tank.

Rasta Fish

Members
Funny you mention that Dave
I have a group of 5, 3 turned out to be male lost one male to the dominant male early,
I have them in a 40 long, the dominant male decided to pick on the sub male so I move the sub male to my display tank and leave the dominant male with the 2 females he got overly aggressive with the females and kill both females within 2 weeks.
I really love these peacocks but I think there has to be a high ratio M-F for the male not to kill them all.
So, I scrap this breeding group and moving on to the Aulonocara Usisya Flavescent Peacock instead.
Good Luck

davidhusker

Members
I had an issue also with mine. I had 3m/2f and lost a female. Moved the lowest male into show tank. The 2m/1f seem to do well, but theyre in a 240 gallon tank with only just about 10 other fish so they have plenty of room.

ezrk

Members
We have one, it is the boss of the yellow lab/demasoni tank. Chases the labs around like crazy...