• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Auction Cats

Spine

Members
I picked these guys up at the PVAS auction yesterday.
They are currently being quarantined in my new 10.5g rimless tank that I won at Rachel's openhouse:D:D:D

255.jpg

I'm not a big catfish fan but this dwarf species really caught my eye. I guess it didn't hurt that no one else bid against me:cool::cool:

dogofwar

CCA Members
First thing I thought of when I saw them was "those are the kind that swim up your weiner". Careful around the tank, Kevin!

Matt

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
First thing I thought of when I saw them was "those are the kind that swim up your weiner". Careful around the tank, Kevin!

Matt

They are not even from the same continent, but I may be able to get some of the real thing (candus) when I go to Peru if you like. We don't always get them but sometimes we do. They have a tendency to slip through the net.:lol:

George

BevN

Members
Congrats on picking those up. I have one of them swimming around here somewhere if your interested. They are an out and about pretty little cat that I got from Singapore. Neat fish for sure. They get along with everything. Even had some spawning going on and they never bothered eggs or fry.

toddnbecka

Members
I had a few of those many, many years ago. Very peaceful little catfish, liked to hang out under cover (relatively speaking) among the hornwort in their tank. They ate bloodworms, but I don't recall them paying any attention to flakes. Didn't have NLS pellets back then...
I did see a couple females carrying green eggs, but no successful spawning before I lost them. Loved the little buggers, but they didn't seem to be as hardy as catfish in general tend to be.

Spine

Members
Thanks for all the info everyone. Bev I'll definitely take it. If you could bring it to the meeting that would be great.