• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Assorted tanks/filters/etc. FS or FT

toddnbecka

Members
First up, 2 55's with broken center braces. One did start leaking from the top right corner, needs resealed as well as braced, will include a new tube of GE clear silicone, $25/each.
Next, old (thick glass/never had center brace) 75, not too pretty but holds water, $50.
Used Marineland black 55 w/black laquer cabinet stand and glass tops, $100.
Rest if this list, make a reasonable offer if you want something:
Last tank is a 38 gallon, 36"x12" footprint with glass top.
Used Fluval 404 canister, was working fine when it was taken down several months ago.
2 Eheim 2215 canister filters, one gently used/still running to keep it bioactive, one new, also a spare used 2215 pump head and a new 2217 canister.
3 used Aquaclear 70 hob filters, no visible wear on impellers or shafts.
Used/like new Fluval FX5.
Used 36" Coralife Aqualight, 2 96w (10,000k/actinic) bulbs, all bulbs and fans work.
48" single bulb/regular FL black strip light.

Can deliver to October (and/or hopefully November) meeting.

Wanting 2-3 aquaclear 110 hob filters, and enough black or dark-colored sand to cover 14 square feet at least 1" deep.

toddnbecka

Members
I only have a 2217 canister, not the rest of the filter. Got a new 2215 with a broken canister on e-bay, figured I'd use store credit at the lfs for a replacement canister. Somebody screwed up, and I got a 2217 canister. They wouldn't return it, told me to contact eheim, so I did. Shipping to Canada to swap the 2217 would cost more than buying a 2215 replacement canister, so I waited until I found a used 2215 (actually just the pump head and canister) and bought that for the sake of the canister. Aside from the canister itself the rest is new, even the hose is still 1 piece, also includes all the eheim media. The used 2215 is loaded with sponges and a bit of floss. Also have a couple spare metal clips and shafts.
I'd swap the eheims and spare parts for 3 110's.
The aqualight is over $200 new, I figure it's still worth $100 since everything works, also includes the moveable legs. Change the actinic bulb to 6700k and it would be great for a planted tank.

mscichlid

Founder
2 working 2215's, 2217 canister and all parts and media associated...It's a trade for 3 110's!

Last edited:

toddnbecka

Members
Updated List:
First up, 2 55's with broken center braces. One did start leaking from the top right corner, needs resealed as well as braced, will include a new tube of GE clear silicone, $25/each.
Next, old (thick glass/never had center brace) 75, not too pretty but holds water, $50.
Last tank is a 38 gallon, 36"x12" footprint with glass top, $40.
Used Fluval 404 canister, was working fine when it was taken down several months ago, $50.
3 used Aquaclear 70 hob filters, no visible wear on impellers or shafts, $35/each.
Used/like new Fluval FX5, $200.
Used 36" Coralife Aqualight, 2 96w (10,000k/actinic) bulbs, all bulbs and fans work, $100.
48" single bulb/regular FL black strip light, $25.

Wanting enough black or dark-colored sand to cover 14 square feet at least 1" deep.

tremper

Members
Todd,

Could you please bring the cleanest 55g of the two? Neighbor's kid will be using it as a tortise tank so no worries about the leaks or the aquarium epoxy.....

Thx - Joe (Tremper)

toddnbecka

Members
It is a double fixture, 2 96w bulbs on separate switches/power cords. Actually intended for SW with an actinic bulb, but if you replace that with a 6700k it's great for plants. I don't grow anything med-high light or use CO2, so its waaay overkill for Najas and fish watching.

Hawkman2000

Members
Actually I think that was a pretty low thing for you to post.

#1) PM Todd if you believe there is a problem.
#2) Check his original thread
#3) Here it is $250 new
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=13733
#4) You've been a plethora of misinformation

#1) Poeple have the right (and should) to inform others if they SUSPECT a bad deal. We should all watch out for eachother.
#2) Checked the original thread, DOES NOT SAY DUAL PC
#3) Correct
#4) AS I STATED " unless that is the dual PC" DUH!!!
#5) Please take the time to review ALL of my other posts and PUBLICLY notify me and EVERYONE ELSE about FACTS that I have stated that were incorrect (remember; appears, suspect, I think, what I would do.... are not statements of fact).
#6) I like how you proved yourself a source of misinformation while accusing another of being one. I think that was a pretty low thing to post, LOL.

Tod, I oppologize if this disruption on your thread has caused you any trouble. Good luck with your sale.

MOVING ON!!

minifoot77

Members
#1) Poeple have the right (and should) to inform others if they SUSPECT a bad deal. We should all watch out for eachother.
#2) Checked the original thread, DOES NOT SAY DUAL PC
#3) Correct
#4) AS I STATED " unless that is the dual PC" DUH!!!
#5) Please take the time to review ALL of my other posts and PUBLICLY notify me and EVERYONE ELSE about FACTS that I have stated that were incorrect (remember; appears, suspect, I think, what I would do.... are not statements of fact).
#6) I like how you proved yourself a source of misinformation while accusing another of being one. I think that was a pretty low thing to post, LOL.

Tod, I oppologize if this disruption on your thread has caused you any trouble. Good luck with your sale.

MOVING ON!!

there is always one....:rolleyes:

fischfan13

Banned
Rest if this list, make a reasonable offer if you want something:
Last tank is a 38 gallon, 36"x12" footprint with glass top.
Used Fluval 404 canister, was working fine when it was taken down several months ago.
2 Eheim 2215 canister filters, one gently used/still running to keep it bioactive, one new, also a spare used 2215 pump head and a new 2217 canister.
3 used Aquaclear 70 hob filters, no visible wear on impellers or shafts.
Used/like new Fluval FX5.
Used 36" Coralife Aqualight, 2 96w (10,000k/actinic) bulbs, all bulbs and fans work.
48" single bulb/regular FL black strip light.

Wanting 2-3 aquaclear 110 hob filters, and enough black or dark-colored sand to cover 14 square feet at least 1" deep.

There is no need for ME to "apologize".
Original Post..."2", as in dual.
After reading your response I can now see how you might not have been able to comprehend the OP.

Giggling away...

Charlutz

Members
This forum does not have many rules as it's usually governed by some civility. If the only question was which model fixture was being offered for sale, that should have been clarified before linking to another site. Many for sale sections do not allow posters not involved in the transaction on either the buy or sell side to taint a sale thread by offering their own items, posting alternatives or criticizing the asked price. That's what pms are for. Also helps to avoid the public flame war, which nobody is enjoying.