• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Are you buying more or less

In the last year have you spent more or less than the previous year on your hobby

• Yes I have put out more money

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I think I am spending about the same on my hobby

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I have cut back

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
with the economy the way it has been, are you spending more or less on your hobby in the last year
(did you spend more or less in the last year than the year before)

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
just wondering.
With the economy and such I am wondering if people
spending less or are they staying home and therefore
spending more on the hobby and less on bigger hobbies.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I had to say I was spending less because my worst case of MTS was in 2008. I have to spend more on supplies than I used to but I spent less money on the actual tank setups and fish themselves. The more time I spend in CCA the more ways I find to save money in operational costs.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I had to say I was spending less because my worst case of MTS was in 2008. I have to spend more on supplies than I used to but I spent less money on the actual tank setups and fish themselves. The more time I spend in CCA the more ways I find to save money in operational costs.
WELL PUT BROTHER. I SPENT MORE IN FISH AND TANKS THE LAST 2 YEARS. THIS YEAR I DONT NEED FISH AND ALL I PLAN ON BUYING ARE FOOD,MEDS, DECOR WHICH ARE BASICALLY LIKE MIKE SAID OPERATIONAL COSTS. I DO PLAN ON SPLURGING ON ONE OF THOSE AWESOME CCA SHIRTS :jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I have spent more in 2009 than in previous years, but gotten a lot more for my money. But having expanded my setup significantly (and running out of space), I don't figure I'll spend as much this year.

Hello my name is twisted and im a.......

well considering ive added 4 tanks in the last month iguess im spending more

now if i can just get the wife to agree to a huge tank in the bedroom

Jumbie

Members
I would like to think I am spending the same as last year but the more I stay home to save money the more I find to spen on the hobby LOL.

mab

Members
I tend to ignore what I spend. It is just easier not to know and to be honest I don't want to know. This approach is especially useful when the wife asks - even though I keep good records. (I could give you a down to the penny accounting of what my trip to the Amazon cost. Do I want to - no, it is just better not to know!)

Michael

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I tend to ignore what I spend. It is just easier not to know and to be honest I don't want to know. This approach is especially useful when the wife asks - even though I keep good records. (I could give you a down to the penny accounting of what my trip to the Amazon cost. Do I want to - no, it is just better not to know!)

Michael

lmao, Mike. Me too. :D

lonlangione

Members
So far I have spent about the same. I just cut back from 160 tanks to 115 tanks. I had two fish rooms and I combined it into 1. Now I have to start building my fish back up. Mostly I got rid of 10 gallon tanks. What I have left are 24 / 30 gallons, 30 / 20 longs, 24 / 15 gallons, 7 / 10 gallons, 16 / 5 1/2 gallons. Oh and I forgot I will have 2 - 75 gallons and a 150 in the main part of the basement.

longstocking

Members
I keep records... everything is accounted for except for electricity.

I won't know until the end of the year though...

Last year I spent thousands.... but I made back more. Particially because I got back into keeping Petrochromis and well, they just aren't cheap!!

I don't think I will spend nearly what I spent last year this year.... as I think I have my tanks the way I want them for at least a while. Of course I want more plants to help ease the amount of work due to my health issue. So you all have to let me win all the plants I bid on from now on :p

I need to sell a few fish to actually have my tanks the way I want them.... I just don't want to part with them :( Hopefully club members want them.... a few plecos need to go.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
lol
Everybody keeps talking aobut what they will spend.
guess I was confusing.:lol:
The question is in the last year did you spend more or less than the previous year.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I definitely spent more in '09 than '08. I finished building the house which offered me a lot of room for tanks. Now I'm setting up the fishroom in the basement. I'm already well on my way to spending more this year than '09 too... thanks to the wild caught tropheus colony I just bought. ;)

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I spent less, the year before I put in a fish room. Last year I got it where I wanted it. This year I don't have plans for any big purchases, but with this hobby who knows. My electric and water bill skyrocketed last year.