• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania - Please Volunteer

Where Would You Like to Volunteer at AquaMania?

• Children's Activities and Aquarium "Genius" Table (Team Lead: Need a Volunteer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hospitality (Team Lead: Samantha)

• I'm Attending AquaMania But Not Planning to Help

• Total voters

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ad-hocracy

Am available for whatever whenever - looks like the Marketplace could use another set of hands and will be pleased to assist with "ad hoc tasks" and/or wherever needed.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
My weekend just opened up. If you guys still need some help let me know !

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Absolutely! Check the descriptions on the first page and find out where you'd like to pitch in. There's still a few areas that could use some help, and anything would be appreciated.

Just a word to everyone, even the people running this event are technically volunteers, so the more people that pitch in, the smoother things will go, and the more fun everyone will have.

Generally, the first question we get from new members or non-members is; Do I still have to register and pay to attend if I volunteer? The answer is yes. The registration fees pay for flying in speakers and all of their associated costs, light refreshments that are provided at certain times, the cost to rent the hotel, insurance for the event, all of the needed supplies, etc.

Without the registration fee from everyone, the club could not afford to put on this event. We are just lucky to have members who are willing to volunteer their time and energy; before, during, and after the event. Our reward is a successful event that will draw more people to the club, show our members a good time, and keep this club as awesome as it has become!

Last edited:

dogofwar

CCA Members
As we close in on 1,800 views of this thread, please consider supporting your fellow club members...

Thanks,
Matt

T

tug

I can't make it but would like to thank the CCA and all the volunteers.
"A candle loses nothing of its light when lighting another." -- Kahlil Gibran

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Frank,

The Aquarium Set-ups will shipped by the manufacturer to the hotel directly. We need to coordinate a delivery date that works with the volunteers and the hotel (I'll PM you).

HOT is donating the gravel and decorations. GWAPA is donating some live plants and some generous members are also donating some other things to be used as decorations.

We have a couple of sources of community fish for the tanks. I need to follow-up with those folks to confirm.

Matt

So what is the latest on the KID'S CONTEST? Aquariums, fish plants gravel????

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for pushing on this Matt and thanks to everyone who's stepping up to lend a hand. :)

MarkK

CCA Members
I am willing to help with whatever wherever, just tell me what, I can not tell what area needs help.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just something that could help the leads for each task.

If you volunteer for a specific task, please PM the listed project leader so they can coordinate future correspondence up until the event.
I love being able to quote myself. Just a reminder to please PM the team leader for any task in which you volunteer for.

Currently there are some people who have voted to volunteer for a specific task, but have not contacted the team leader, and also some people who have contacted the team leader to volunteer, but did not vote in the poll.

I suspect that people who frequent the forum on the mobile app may not see the poll choices, and or the ability to vote clearly. If this is the case, can you post so we can clarify how to vote properly?

We will only have a clear idea of how many people have volunteered for each task if they all vote in the poll. If you're not sure what tasks need help, feel free to vote for anything and we'll let you know if we could use you for another task more urgently. The other option is to click on the hyperlink that states 'View Poll Results' underneath the poll choices, and you can see how many people are signed up for each task. Then you can select the task that only has one or a few people signed up.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Someone let me know that they couldn't vote from the mobile app.

Is there a way to do this, or is this just a tech roadblock? It would definitely help if it can be incorporated since some of our users use the app nearly exclusively, especially some of the new forum members.

It will also only let you vote for one option. Is there a way ot let people make multiple selections? Some people are willing to volunteer with multiple activities, but the poll doesn't accommadate that option at the moment.

Thanks again to everyone who has volunteered so far!