• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Looking to buy or sell aquariums, fish, plants, aquarium supplies…or whatever (just so it’s legal!)?
Wouldn’t it be great if:
– Your favorite vendors and hobbyists fish breeders all came together in a big room
– You didn’t have to wait around all day to buy
– You could sell your fish and supplies for what they were worth (vs. roll the dice in an auction)
– You could collect 100% of selling price

On Sunday, March 10, AquaMania will feature a Marketplace to do just that.

So how does it work?

To Buy in the Marketplace
Either register for the full event or entry to the Marketplace here or the day of the event. Registered attendees will have priority (early) access to the Marketplace (11:30 AM).

You will have access to a room full of vendors and aquarists selling a wide array of aquariums, fish, plants, supplies and other items. Each will have a table of goods for sale. Buy (and haggle!) away…

Terms and conditions of sale are entirely between individual purchasers and sellers. The Gaithersburg Hilton has free wireless to support access to Paypal for buyers and sellers who wish to use it.

A limited number of Styrofoam fish boxes, de-chlorinated water and fish bagging supplies will be available.

To Sell in the Marketplace
Selling in the Marketplace is as easy as buying a table and bringing aquariums, fish, plants, driftwood, decorations, whatever (that’s legal!) to sell.

We’ll bring the buyers – we have a marketing plan to attract both the regulars who show up at all the fish events…and also less experienced aquarists used to paying retail. And better yet, you concentrate your sales into a 3-4 hour block instead of missing the speakers and other festivities throughout the event waiting for drop-in customers (A very limited number of Vendor Tables are available in the main speaker / hospitality room on Saturday, March 9**).

In the Marketplace, the host club doesn’t take a cut*, you don’t have to roll the dice at an auction and you can choose to sell (or not sell) to whom and at whatever price you want. Terms and conditions of sale are entirely between individual purchasers and sellers. The Gaithersburg Hilton has free wireless to support access to Paypal for buyers and sellers who wish to use it.

Tables are $25 for registered attendees and $30 for non-registered ones. 2nd tables are also available (on a limited basis). Space and choice of location in the Marketplace is on a first come, first served basis, so register and purchase your spot today.

Sellers will be able to set up their tables between 8:30 and the first wave of buyers at 11:30 AM.

If you want to drive brand awareness, sponsor something. A list of sponsorship opportunities is here.

*What if I am a vendor and want to have a table during both the Marketplace and the day prior (during the speakers and other festivities)?
There are a very limited (4-5) six-foot tables available in the main speaker room

dogofwar

CCA Members
* *What if I want to sell items but don’t want to have a table
If you don’t think you have enough to justify a table or you just don’t want to sell items in the Marketplace yourself, CCA will have its own table set up to sell items for CCA members at a 70/30 split. Just register your items prior to the Marketplace (more details to follow) and let the club sell for you.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Pay attention to this area for (pre-order) group buys for AquaMania...

Also, if you'd like to buy from a vendor at AquaMania, let me know...or better yet let THEM know...

Thanks,
Matt

clearsky5

CCA Members
marketplace

Hello Matt:
question?? for the marketplace, do you know how much room one will have behind their table? I assume some of these things might be addressed saturday, but figured I would ask just in case I can't make it.. (weather?)
I suppose, my question is that if I bring a small shelving unit to work from behind my table will there be enough room for that??
thanks
oh, I assume there will be available electric for pumps, or lighting??
thanks again
regards
david

jonclark96

Past CCA President
David:

There will be tables in the middle of the room and some around the outside. We probably could accommodate 6 feet behind the outside tables. There is power in the room, but you will have to bring your own extension cords, power strips, etc.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.