• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

April Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, I think I have recovered.

Looks like I am in a thankfull mood or something

I want to thank everyone for showing yesterday. We had a good turn out. I think Tracey said that we had a total of 39 with Ron's 2 little ones. Theresa yours are not considered little ones any more since the participate. lol.

We also picked up 7 new members yesterday... That is great.... Now if we could just get some of the people who did not renew to come back...... Oh well. We also picked up a new member on Friday. Tim Nurse drove down from CT to buy tanks from Joe. While here he joined the club. Tim is our June speaker and the President of the New England Cichlid Association.

I want to thank Ted for flying down from Wisconson and giving a great talk.
Think about it a minute. Most of the speakers fly here on Friday and leave on Sunday. All for a 1 hour talk. Thats a lot of time spent away from home for a 1 hour presentation. All that travel.... Glad he has an understanding wife. And on top of that he donated fish to us. That goes a long way towards paying for the plane tickets.

Thank you Ryan and Sam. Twofishguyz.com. They joined the club and donated fish to your auction.

Thank you Bobby Phillips for taking care of getting us some first class posters for the club. Thank you Amber for designing them. Oh yeah, these were a donation from Bobby to the club... Thank you

Thank you Tracey, Francine, John, and Mike for your hard work.

The Biotope did not make it in time for yesterdays meeting. It will be sent in the mail shortly. At the printers at this time.

Enough rambling.....
See you in May

daniel

Members
I would also like to say thanks to Ted for a great presentation. Though I didn't make out with any pelvicachromis I have added a few species to my list of fish to set up a tank for one day when I actually have a fish room. I can't wait til the May meeting. Thanks to everyone whose efforts make this club what it is.

Daniel

D

daniel4832

Once again, another great presentation. Ted was both infirmative and entertaining. I even got to use my new knowledge at the PVAS auction on Sunday. There were some wild caught "Kribs" and bred ones, and as Ted had said, the wilds did not have spots on their tail. I was also able to help sex some young Pelvicachromis with the information from Ted.
The "funny" thing was that West Africans cichlids selection was the best and most numerous cichlids at the auction.
The best thing is that it doesn't stop, after the great speakers we have had, it keeps getting better, "Mojo" next month, followed by Tim Nurse (yea Tangs) and after the summer break Ad Konings. It just doesn't get any better!
Thanks,
Daniel

krisw

Members
Fantastic meeting indeed! I've got to fish out some rainbowfish from a 54G corner I have (they're not cichlids anyways), and then it'll be a west african tank. Ted's presentation might have been the best I've seen at CCA, and that says a lot since all of the presentations are top notch. Can't wait for the rest of the year!

Tim

Members
Ted's presentation might have been the best I've seen at CCA, and that says a lot since all of the presentations are top notch. Can't wait for the rest of the year![/b]

Now there's something I don't look forward to trying to live up to. LOL :unsure:
Tim

Charlutz

Members
Now there's something I don't look forward to trying to live up to. LOL :unsure:
Tim[/b]

That's ok. There are a number of us tanganyika enthusiasts that have the June date circled. I think once the first picture goes up and you say "neolamprologous" you'll have a good bunch of us won over. :) I came across some links on the cichlid forum to some of your lake pictures and linked them here a month or so ago. A belated thank you for making those available to the anonymous online world. Very much looking forward to your presentation. Charlie

Tim

Members
That's ok. There are a number of us tanganyika enthusiasts that have the June date circled. I think once the first picture goes up and you say "neolamprologous" you'll have a good bunch of us won over. :) I came across some links on the cichlid forum to some of your lake pictures and linked them here a month or so ago. A belated thank you for making those available to the anonymous online world. Very much looking forward to your presentation. Charlie[/b]

I made the mistake of posting full sized photos after I returned from my trip on my Fishaholics site. You can probably find a lot of the pictures in some of the books on Tanganyika printed over in Asia. :rolleyes:
All the pictures from the trip are still available at Fishaholics. They're untouched and downsized to about 800 pixels. Don't worry about spoiling the presentation, it's the heart warming stories and my charming personality that make the presentation fun. ROFL.
Tim

Charlutz

Members
I made the mistake of posting full sized photos after I returned from my trip on my Fishaholics site. You can probably find a lot of the pictures in some of the books on Tanganyika printed over in Asia. :rolleyes:
All the pictures from the trip are still available at Fishaholics. They're untouched and downsized to about 800 pixels. Don't worry about spoiling the presentation, it's the heart warming stories and my charming personality that make the presentation fun. ROFL.
Tim[/b]

It used to just be pics clipped for use on ebay. Shame that the ease of clipping pics has made people forget that they are someone else's property. Even if you were being a little tongue in cheek, it is the personal discussion that adds fullness to the pics. Sharp pics taken in the wild are great, but the personal perspective of someone who can describe the numbers of fish, the behavior, how easy/difficult it was to see the fish do what they do -- well that's priceless. Especially after our presentation from Bob Pilato six months ago where we discussed the fact that Ad Konings is looking at species differentiation with a new emphasis on behavioral differences. As I said, I am very much looking forward to your talk, even if I have seen some of the pics. Damn, we need the thumbs up smiley, but this will have to do to show enthusiasm. :jumpy:

longstocking

Members
Tim.... this club is full of tang fans. No need to worry !!

This is the 1 talk there is NO WAY I'm missing ! No expectations... just excited to hear someone talk about diving in the lake. Any information will be a thrill for me !

I've been telling Pat this for quite a while ... I think he's sick of hearing me get excited about it :lol:

Tim

Members
I appreciate all the warm welcomes and of course the "jumpy" icons. ;)
I'm looking forward to giving the talk to a group that won't mind looking at a lot of fish pictures and hearing a bunch of Latin names.
I'm just sorry I couldn't stay around for the April meeting. Sounds like I missed a great meeting. Perhaps later on in the year, once my house is finished, I'll make it down for a couple of meetings.
Tim