• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistos

I saw this on aquabid and was curious if anyone else would be interested in splitting it? I just want to grow my apisto collection and don't have any of these species. Its is a total of $90 for the pairs and shipping. We would split everything 50/50 to make it $45 each. The species are below.

Apistogramma Winklefleck
images

Apistogramma trifasciata
images

Apistogramma agassizi Blue CF
apistogramma_agassizii_blue_red.jpg

Apistogramma cacatuoides Blue CF I
232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C2939467338nu0mrj

JasonC

Members
Cant do it right now, but if this is the apistodave "box-o-pistos" I would be interested in either this or a share-a-box type thing later down the line. He is a *Really* good breeder and turns out excellent stock.

Cant do it right now, but if this is the apistodave "box-o-pistos" I would be interested in either this or a share-a-box type thing later down the line. He is a *Really* good breeder and turns out excellent stock.

Yes it is :). I know and thats why he told me we can get 8 pairs in a box!!!!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Apistodave

I bought fish from him a couple years ago and have steadfastly resisted any temptation to do so again. It literally took him three attempts to successfully ship the four species that I ordered, the fish were very small and a couple were borderline as in emaciated. He is currently offering a much broader selection that at any time in the last few years but unless his focus and standards have improved I would limit your excitation until you see what arrives.

Feel free to forward this to him if you think it will improve your odds of not being as disappointed as I was. I dropped over $100 on my order and am pretty sure I didn't end up with a single spawning pair to show for it.

If I can't see and select the fish myself or they're not from someone I know/trust, any more I generally only buy groups of 6-8 juveniles at $5-$10 apiece and raise them up myself. At least that way I know I'll get a good strong pair (and usually more than one) and have found that they mature/survive much better to spawning age in larger groups than they do in pairs.

Luck.