• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistogramma Inca (50?)

marya

Members
Hello all,

Can anyone shed light on what the "50" means after the name Apistogramma inca? I bought a pair of A. inca at the auction workshop (ur fish franny) and when I got home I jumped online to do research on them. I barely found anything, then I looked at Ron's site and he has them listed as "Apistogramma inca 50". When I looked them up with google using that name I had a bunch more hits. One asian page said "A. inca" and "A. inca 50" are not the same species. Looking at pictures posted of A. inca 50 it appears that is what the pair I purchased are.
I was just curious. :rolleyes: Also if anyone has any links to articles on these guys could you let me know? In any case they seem to be doing well and settling in happily.

thanks!

T

Thinkfaster

I have read that the "50" was actually an estimate of the number of these fish that were collected. I am not sure if I believe this .

there are 2 "types" of inca (you can also search using "inka"). one of these is actually a high-finned panduro, although I think this is "inca 2". You probably have the same ones I have which are the normal incas (inca 50). however, if you're in doubt search "high fin panduro" b/c maybe you have these. HTH

oh and check: thekrib.com and the apistogramma study group.

JustRon

Members
the "50" was a means to place a variance on this fish that I imported I believe from another locality and exported fish that was also being called the INCA to sell the fish.

Check the sites listed though, good sources