• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistogramma baenschi Inka

finzz

Members
Hey, Bill;

They're not difficult as long as you can keep your water a little on the acid side, as I remember. I'll see if I can dig out an old breeding report and let you know if there's anything unusual about the fish. It's a really attractive fish- save me some fry!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i breed them in my water (moderately hard), I have wigglers right now. What did you need to know?

MonteSS

Members
I am deciding between a pair of Laetacara or pair/trio of Apistos. I keep hearing stories of Apistos being hard to keep alive. Are Laetacara any hardier?

I am somewhat experienced with SA/CA but never tried dwarves. I do weekly water changes in my other tanks.

Tank is 20 high (24") with an AC70. Will have sand and probably plastic plants at first.

Other fish will be Tetras and cories only.

MSJ, Any pics of the parents?

Thanks..Bill

msjinkzd

invert junkie
sure, here are some of daddy. the last is mama guarding eggs (which are wigglers now). This is the 4th time they have spawned.
bitten cord and apisto updates 009.jpg

bitten cord and apisto updates 020.jpg

bitten cord and apisto updates 021.jpg

shellies and apisto eggs, snow snail 076.jpg

bitten cord and apisto updates 009.jpg

bitten cord and apisto updates 020.jpg

bitten cord and apisto updates 021.jpg

shellies and apisto eggs, snow snail 076.jpg

MonteSS

Members
Thanks all. Thanks Rach, Great pics.

I think I will give them a try.

He also has some wild Agasizzi double red that he said would be good with them as they have different body types.

Sounds like two pairs in a 26g might be tight to me.

Thanks..Bill

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have triple reds and really really like them. They are more outgoing than my inkas

This is a picture of them (also spawning):
apisto cac triple and tefe 016.jpg

apisto cac triple and tefe 019.jpg

apisto cac triple and tefe 016.jpg

apisto cac triple and tefe 019.jpg

MonteSS

Members
Those look great. Big mouth for such a little fish

Funny you mentioned that Prince. I went out today to look for grey sand/fine gravel and found nothing.

I bought some black sand and mixed it with some white PFS I had. Not sure I love it though.

...Bill

MonteSS

Members
Hmmm. I thought the S grade was too fine. It looks pretty course in the pics.

Now if I can only find a source for the discontinued stuff. Any ideas on where to get it?

...Bill

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i think the place in baltimore still has it in stock. I bought this off people who had overpurchased. Its tgrade in with the inkas and s grade in the cacatuoides. I honestly prefer the tgrade but I had a bag of s grade so figured I would give it a go.