• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone remember?

Lively

Members
What that blackish silver fish was that Dr. Loiselle had on his PP presentation? It was solid in color. I remember he said it was rare to find here in the States. I thought it was a Dovii, but when I searched that one, I realized I was wrong. It had a smoother line.

Lively

Members
No, that isn't it. The lines are similar but the pic showed no spangles. It was a darkish dove gray.

I'm kicking myself for not writing down the name of it.

Lively

Members
Darker, the texture of its skin reminded me of dolphin - almost soft looking. On the color fonts for our editing - second row last color is very close to what I remember.

Lively

Members
Nope. It was definately a solid color and doesn't have that head shape. More like a Dempsey with a smooth forehead.

Niger something, maybe?

Lively

Members
I don't think so, I'm fairly certian it was a larger fish and I don't remember the banding. The lack of markings is what drew my attention to it - a bit odd for a cichlid. I googled "rare gray grey south american cichlid" pictures and so far nothing has come up that looks right. Found some neat marine fish... have no idea why that came up - but they live deep in the ocean and go for between $3,000 and $10,000 a fish in Asia. Now there is a pricey fish.

I remember him saying they occasionally will turn up in the ACA's trading post thing.

I might end up emailing him and asking him what it was - it's driving me batty now.

maddog10

Members
I will throw a few names out there.

Amatitlania nigrofasciatus
Amphilophus sagittae
Amphilophus zaliosus
Nandopsis tetracantha