• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone kept Jardini Aros?

Gyarados

Members
Has anyone here kept a Jardini? If so, what tank size? Any tankmates?

I'd really like to get an Aro for my new 210. I'm not really interested in Silvers which leaves me with Black/Blue, Jardini, and Leichartdi...

The aggression scale seems to go Blues>Silvers>Leis>Jars

Tankmates will be good sized IT & NTT datnoids, Flagtail and a small school of Red Hooks.

Any thoughts?

Also anyone looking for Blues should go to Beltway Aquarium immediately!!!! They have Juvis (no egg sac) for $70 bucks!!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I had a jardini a ways back. At 7", he realized he was a predator. He stalked and ripped my Congo tetras in half but didn't eat them. He took off the tale of my green terror.
On a related note, a friend who had an 18" jardini went for years without problems. One day it took a large chunk out if the disc of his motoro.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gyarados

Members
Ugh this is what I keep hearing... at even 7"!! That's the smallest I've heard to turn aggressive so far!. Did you remember if you feed him live food by chance?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Ugh this is what I keep hearing... at even 7"!! That's the smallest I've heard to turn aggressive so far!. Did you remember if you feed him live food by chance?

No live food other than superworms. Otherwise, the only food was frozen bloodworms and pellets. Same for my friend, though he was using nightcrawlers too.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App