• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone have experience with this?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Bright white patch atop the eye ridge on a fish - may also show up as patches on head. Responds to general fungus treatments/metronidazole (disappears) but keeps coming back. What must one do to eliminate this? Do I not have enough filtration on the tank or I did I just manage to import something particularly pernicious? Already prompted me to 86 my last UG filter since it was/is the only tank with any kind of a problem - really getting weary of the whole affair.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
On the head of a pleco? They get fungal infections that look like small bald spots on their heads/backs.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Guianacara sphenozona

What is it that typically triggers fungus? Not an issue in my other tanks. I know a lot of fungi are sort of ubiquitous, so I'm interpreting the growths as a symptom of a larger issue.

Enkay

Members
One of my discus had had a smky blurry eye a while ago. It kinda attibuted to water quality. I did WCs 20% everday for 5 days and he was fine.

Another thing is you could do a 2% WC without using prime and maybe the chlorine would kill whatever it is w/o harming the fishies. I have done that when a spawn starts to catch fungus.

Just my two cents.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Another thing is you could do a 2% WC without using prime and maybe the chlorine would kill whatever it is w/o harming the fishies. I have done that when a spawn starts to catch fungus.

Very very interesting. Thanks.