• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any low light plant ideas in a 20 gallon long?

I have 36 watts of standard flourescent. I only have crypts in it right now. Would Java Ferns, Java Moss & Anubias Nana be good for this setup?

verbal

CCA Members
I think those would all work well. With 36 watts at only 12 inches, you may be into medium light.

WendyFish

Members
I picked up some nice java ferns that live in a 20L. They are among the best looking java ferns I have among tanks; somehow the light intensity seems just right for them. They are really thriving. I had java moss in there too, but java moss is teh debil. That sh*t gets everywhere. I think we did it wrong.

I had some Rotala Indica. It was beautiful but it always wants to uproot on me. I might try it again sometime. Is there any chance you can show me a picture of your 20 gallon L. I wlould really like to see what it looks like.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I can try. It's not a particularly impressive aquascape job, in part because it still has the blue/green Petsmart gravel my daughter picked out many years ago. I don't dare remove it, at least until she goes to college.

I'm traveling the rest of the week, but will try to take a picture and send to you this weekend.