• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any interest in this book?

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm just gauging interest right now...I'm not actually ordering yet.

Anton brought one copy of a book that's recently been re-released and translated to English called The Endemic Cichlids of Madagascar (hardbound, 191 pages). If we can get enough people interested, shipping would likely be free, and the cost of the book would be ~$40. This is not a book available on Amazon. Also, this isn't a book by Anton, but he said that he'd be willing to hook us up with the group who sells it.

A quick overview of the book: There's a chapter devoted to each of the following genera....Paratilapia, Ptychochromis, Ptychochromoides, Oxylapia, and Paretroplus. There's a large section on Madagascar biodiversity and a bit on breeding Madagascan cichlids as well.

Please give a shout-out in this thread if you are interested and we'll decide if this can work.

endemic cichlids of madagascar.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
Anyone else? I'll try to remember to bring the book with me this weekend so you can flip through it if you want to see it before you decide.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Bump for anyone who is interested. Christine had a copy of the book at the meeting yesterday. For only $40, you can't go wrong. You'll probably not have another opportunity to get you hand on this.