• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another Spawn for my Clowns!

YSS

Members
I was going to revive the old thread and add to it, but it had too many posts. Here it is if anyone's interested:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4585

Anyhow, I was doing a water change on Saturday and saw the clowns going nuts guarding the area where they spawned before. So, I suspected, and there they were. Tons of clown eggs. I checked the spot again, but a lof of the eggs were gone, but still a good number remaining. And then, I noticed eyes on the eggs. :eek: The eggs are still attached to the rock, but most of them have well developed eyes. These guys definitely advanced more than the first spawn back in last June. :D

YSS

Members
Here is the pic. You can kinda see they eyes.

clowneggs.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That's awesome man. Sorry they were lost, but still very cool. :D

YSS

Members
Just discovered another large spawn. I am sure close 100 or more with eyes on most of them. Does anyone know how often these guys spawn? Sometimes, my discus would spawn once a week or sometimes more often, but didn't know clown fish do too.

i have had them in the very distant past but cant remember ever having 2 spawns that fast.

your making me want to get a tank of them again tho.

maybe ill come buy some from ya when they get bigger :)