• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another great idea. No really...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Well great or not, here it is. So we're 'hosting' the ACA next year. I sure hope it's in DC proper for a number of strategic reasons (only one of them selfish), but wherever it is, what if some of CCA's more illustrious, talented and fanatic keepers were given the opportunity to set up display tanks in appropriate high-traffic public areas around the greater DC metropolitan area (for say 60-90 days) to showcase the magic, mystical and mesmerizing aspects of the hobby and promote the Convention (as well as CCA)? I'm not anywhere near grandmaster level myself ( see: nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafmRtpK7T0 for some that are) but could nonetheless set up a planted crystal-strewn community tank that would turn heads and be an asset to any commercial enterprise/municipal concern willing to host it.

Pretty certain there are some hugely talented aquascapers in the CCA, even if all of them don't yet know it themselves. We could even make it a contest if that helps to promote it and the larger agenda, although that would be simpler and fairer if all the tanks were in the same place but that might diminish the exposure and so the effectiveness of achieving the larger goals, i.e., garnering attention for the Convention and new members for the Association(s).

Hell if we have a year to get ready we could do some really cool stuff, and with that amount of lead time there's a fair chance of getting NPR to do a story on it (seriously), albeit perhaps not as scintillating as the piece aired at the last CCA meeting.

Question: What other ideas are being bandied about for the ACAC? I'm getting lots just thinking about it.

Julie

Members
I think that's a great idea!

And although the meeting is a cichlid meeting, we want people to come to the auction at least, and they sell plants, no? Or even on the grander scheme, just get people into aquariums, and then convert to cichlids...

Sounds like a great idea, and something that could be worked on...

more ideas!!!! :D