• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

An Offer - Wild Amazon Fish

mab

Members
Because he wants you to pay for shipping and you might find the price more than you thought and he wants you to take the risk of attrition. Many fish die in shipping and if you ask for sensetive fish, he gets them, they die, and he is screwed - nothing to sell. You pay up front, it is your problem, not his.

I would NEVER do this but he is offering you a deal. Some of the fish he can get you will never see in your LFS.

George

George, Thank you - I could not have stated it better. Michael

verbal

CCA Members
If I don't catch it, I'll try to purchase it at the exporters. In addition to purchase costs you'll have to share the cost of shipping and export/import fees which run about $200 a box.

Does $200 include the share of shipping or is that just the import/export fees?

mab

Members
Pretty sure that's a *ballpark* on the whole enchilada.

That's a "ballpark" on the total cost per box to get it to IAD. It doesn't include the cost of buying the fish in Iquitos if I don't catch it and can find it at the exporters.

mab

Members
I have one confirmed (cash-in hand) order for wild caught Angels. And, a PVAS member ordered pencilfish.

Anyone else?

mab

Members
Why don't you just buy them and sell them to us. It sounds like it would be easier that way.

Francine,

We caught some Pikes on the Nanay that Devon has never seen in his 20 plus years of collecting on the Amazon. Since they could be rare and something undescribed I thought of your offer and saved them for you. Since you said that would be easiest, I'll let you know how much you owe once we have a final shipping cost.

You'll need to pickup soon since I don't have permanent tank space for them.

Michael

Ophelia77

Members
The pikes are cute for not being my kind of fish :) BTW Michael I had 10 make it home and they are doing wonderfully Thank You Thank You Thank You!

mscichlid

Founder
Fish or frozen bloodworms. Try to get them on pellets. If you have spare fry, gut load them with medicated food and feed the pikes.

mab

Members
Better yet - would anyone that can give them proper attention want them sooner than later. Cost would be reimb for shipping and nothing more. I don't have final figures on shipping costs, but my guess is somewhere between $20-$30. Pickup soon in Reston - any evening this week.

Davey_8313

Members
I could if I knew how?

Go to the advanced reply then click on the paperclip just above where you enter your text. Then choose file and find the pic. How big are they by the way or did i miss that part?

Franny, you going to save me one?

dogofwar

CCA Members
My live worm of choice is the red wiggler (I culture them) but I'd think that live blackworms would be similarly attractive.

Ironically, the pikes I brought back from Uruguay were eating pellets a day after introduction (and will literally hurt themselves going after red wigglers).

Another approach would be to add some guppies (or other small fish) to the tank...if they disappear, they're eating...

Matt

I'd try live worms...

Matt

mab

Members
Go to the advanced reply then click on the paperclip just above where you enter your text. Then choose file and find the pic. How big are they by the way or did i miss that part?

Franny, you going to save me one?

They are two to three inches in size.