• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Albino BN spawning

turfboss

Members
I have two females and one male Albino BN Ancistrus fanning in a cave and when I cam home this evening the male is still in the cave fanning but there was a pile of eggs (new??) sitting at the entrance to the cave - probably 70 or so - piled up in a really perfect pyramid. was going to snatch them out and put them into a tumbler but decided to wait to see what might happen - none of the other fish (this is in a community tank with 2 albino Hi-Fin Paleatus, 4 Tetras and 16 or so play's - no one was bothering the egg pile so just let it be for awhile - when I returned to check on the pile an hour or so later the neat egg pile was gone - am guessing the male BN was rearanging the eggs (back?) into the cave. Is this norml? - Any comments??

verbal

CCA Members
George congrats on your spawn. Planetcatfish in general is a great resource and the article Shane highlighted will be very helpful(even for those with some breeding experience).

I would probably let the male care for the eggs. If you want to maximize the fry survival it might be a good idea to remove the bigger tetras and platies, but you should end up with plenty of juveniles either way.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Congrats George.

It won't be long before you have an infestation. ;)

chriscoli

Administrator
[It won't be long before you have an infestation. ;)[/QUOTE]

Niiiiice, Tony! :D But so true.

I didn't believe it till I saw how prolific mine were once they got going. They are lots of fun to raise!

Congrats, George!