• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

acrylic advice

halkentjr

Members
I have a hang-on refugium made by cpr. would it be safe to bleach it? I had it on a tank for a couple months but I thought the coarse blue pad would scratch it. now I've emptied it and need to clean it. want to sell it but it's rather dingy at the moment. thanks

Ading522

Members
I have a hang-on refugium made by cpr. would it be safe to bleach it? I had it on a tank for a couple months but I thought the coarse blue pad would scratch it. now I've emptied it and need to clean it. want to sell it but it's rather dingy at the moment. thanks

Someone told me know that vinegar just by itself will do wonders.. Either soak it overnight in vinegar solution or spray some vinegar on and soak a piece of cloth in vinegar overnight and scrub the next day.

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bleach is okay to use in a 1/10 solution let it soak then rinse several times with hot water I wouldn't use it on a tank with fish it though:) most tap water has bleach in it all the time hense dechlorinators but we drink it all the time. Use a dechlorinator after you rinse it out several times. Fill it add something like prime let it soak. Vinegar works good on glass not sure about acrylic but good old bleach is best for those really nasty jobs.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

halkentjr

Members
thanks, I have vinegar and muriatic acid, but I'm uninformed on the effect it would have if any on acrylic. dan k. sounds sure bleach is ok so I have a project for the day.

daninmd

Members
muriatic acid is fine, I have used it many times on acrylic. best stuff for cleaning dirty tanks hands down (especially for dried on coralline algae from saltwater tanks)

BUT always remember...add acid to water, not water to acid!