• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A dolphin dissapeired..

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Bummer, man. Hopefully she's just in hiding, and not somewhere on the floor under a piece of furniture.

harlowe777

Members
I had 1 male and 1 female in a 20g. I was trying to catch her.. I seen her go under a rock so I moved the rock and she wasn't there.. I took everything out of the tank she's no where..not on floor..not in tank..I dont no..I seen her go under the rock..as I slowly moved it..shes no where now..Aaaaaa!!..

on sunday i was sitting there eye balling my tanks when i noticed there was only 2 fish vice the three that i was seeing. i got up and moved to the tank for a closer inspection, did at little rearrangement and determined yep he was a goner just a matter of "gone where"? it didnt take long just around the corner there he laid nice and crusty on the floor. as usually i saw no easy escape route from the tank but as we all know they will find a way just not sure if its something they really want to do in the end....

harlowe777

Members
I took my filter and heater off the tank..and the tank is on a tile floor..shes not behind it..or around it..there is no furniture in the room..ive looked for 2 days now..I jist dont no guys..first thing I did was look in and around..nowhere..

Becca

Members
She could be in a crevice in the rock. Also, if you have dogs or cats, someone could've snatched her up before you found her.

olzkool

Members
This happened to one of my younger Alto Comp's. It was one of a pair and I could not find him anywhere. He was usually swimming all around happy as can be and for 2 days he was no where in sight. I dismantled the whole tank and could not find him anywhere. The next day my wife walked over to me with what looked to be an old striped potato chip and said "Is this what you have been looking for?" Unfortunately it was. I could not figure out how the hell he got out. The top is all but sealed up with no where but the filter dump area to get out. I hate when that happens.

harlowe777

Members
Only one slot on top of my tank..my hand was in it..I saw her go under the rock.. when my hand was in the tank..as I moved it she backed up under more..so I lifted it slow..GONE..at that second I took all rocks out. started looking on floor..on every side of tank..there are no crevices in the rocks..there little granite rocks..even looked in filter..so weird..I looked for an hour srait..

Quantum mechanically speaking anything is possible.....no really anything even disappearing fish. I believe quantum tunneling is the term. The wave particle dualality creates certain circumstances where time and spacial barriers (glass tank) can be crossed.....poof just like that. She may be in a different multiverse (or atleast dimension) as we speak!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

olzkool

Members
Ill check my tanks. She could have quite possibly warped there. If I don't see her I will contact the fringe division.

ddavila06

Members
not here, just checked :p

sorry to hear, is it possible that it was so frightened that it buried itself and died? or still under gravel???