• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

40 breeder glass lid

johns51

Members
I just purchased a 40 gallon breeder tank and I am trying to find a lid for it. The ones I find that are for 36x18 tanks have two pieces, basically for a tank with a center brace, the tank I have does not have the center brace.

Any suggestions on where to get this?

TIA,

John

Plenipotentiary-at-large
You're in luck...

...he has one left, too bad the shipping is so high, you should try and do a group order perhaps.

I just ordered two of what were advertised as 36 X 18s on Ebay and they were the short two section type which sucks as they're too short and every 40B I've ever seen isn't center braced. THE LINK BELOW IS WHAT YOU WANT. I already have 2 and am looking for 2 more for a center braced 72 X 18.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aqueon-Versa-To...main_0&var=&hash=item800eca2027#ht_1902wt_907

toddnbecka

Members
I get 3/16" glass cut to size and buy the hinge/splash guard strip from the lfs. A ceramic knob or drawer pull epoxied in the center of the front for a handle...

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm all about translucent plastic sheeting for lighting in drop ceilings. $6-$8 per sheet at Home Depot.

TheNewGuy

Members
Tony I want to get rid of a forty breader with a glass but my top is like 1/8 off an inch to long but it works for me and has for a year. I dont know if this is ur same problem but id sell the tank and top for $40. I dont wanna move it to NC pm me if this helps