• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

4 day get away + power outage =

2 dead snowflake plecos, 1 common pleco and 2 gramoodes.... tank was completetly dead upon my return on sunday evening. Apparently power went out and out of the 11 tanks this one seems like the heater and hob filter never came back on...

just shaking my head right now...

but it could have been worst and in some sort of weird way i have an empty tank now to do something with hmmmmmmm

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm so sorry! I worry about that every time we go out of town.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oh, sorry for your loss. that really sucks. I always have someone house sit for me (of course I have dogs, but also to keep an eye on the fish). I have back-up batteries with air stones and sponge filters set out for all the tanks, with instructions for the house-sitter. Yeah, I'm paranoid . . .

Hannibal

Members
Sorry for your loss!!!

You are not alone Holly! I go so far as to get those pill dividers containers and fill them up with food so all they have to do is open the top of one day and dump the food in. I do need to get a few more of those back up battery pumps though, thanks for the reminder!

Greengirl

Members
Soooo sorry. I got a fish sitter when I went on a 4-day vaca because I am also paranoid. Let us know what you want to restock it with.

mchambers

Former CCA member
That's horrible. Sorry about your loss.

The only type of filter that worries me are my Aquaclear HOBs, which sometimes don't want to restart after a power failure or being unplugged. My canisters come right back on. Never had a heater fail to come back on.

For 4 days, I would just stop feeding. Almost all fish, except perhaps small fry, are just fine going without food for a week or more.

zackcrack00

Members
I am leaving for an 18 hour car drive to Missourri, and I won't be back until Monday or Sunday. My fish are only going to be fed once a day, (my mom's Boyfriend is simple) and I hope it all survives. Sorry for your loss, I always get emotionally attached to fish, and then they die. I need to learn to let go... lol... But I am really sorry that that happened.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Resiliency

but it could have been worst and in some sort of weird way i have an empty tank now to do something with hmmmmmmm

Superlative attitude/perspective - way to roll with it. And by the way, the word you want is "worse" - I don't usually play grammar police but I keep seeing this popping up all over the place lately and am wondering why all of a sudden Americans are using worst instead of worse - is/was there some stupid advertisement or sit-com that is responsible for this, have people just stopped reading or is it something else?