• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

300 gal acrylic

Raven20

Members
I just bought a 300 gal acrylic tank today....and was wondering if i have enough filtration for it.....or do i need more? not interested in a sump....I have at the moment...

Fluval FX5
Magnum350
Jebo 828

Thanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
Will it be in your living room or a fishroom?

I have an FX5 that I modded to feed a dump filter (basically a sump on top of the tank) for a 180 and it works great. Of course there's a sump sitting on top of the tank (it's in my fishroom) - easy to clean but visible.

For big tanks, sumps/dumps really, truly are the way to go. A couple of Fx5s would be an alternative...

Matt

Raven20

Members
Thanks Matt,

Haven't decided where it's going to go....trying to talk the wife into letting me set it up in the living room...

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Thanks Matt,

Haven't decided where it's going to go....trying to talk the wife into letting me set it up in the living room...
FEED HER HER FAVORITE MEAL THEN DISCUSS IT OVER A DELICOUS DESSERT ;)...GOOD LUCK!!!:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy: