• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

265g Reef Ready tank+setup, only 3 years old, sold as is (holds water)

emartin

Members
MUST PICK UP BY TUESDAY (sooner the better). I can help load it, but you will need at least one other person to come with you. THE TANK IS HEAVY!!!

NOTICE, I live in New Jersey. I live near Eatontown, NJ (minutes away). PM me for my address if you're interested in the tank.

Bought the tank in December 2007, only 3.5 years old.

It's a Perfecto Reef-Ready tank (has corner overflows).

Comes with:
Tank (dimensions are: 7ft x 2ft x 2.5ft (or 84" x 24" x 30"))
Glass Tops
Custom Made Moonlights with timers that I hand made (VERY bright!)
Perfecto Prestige Series Stand and Canopy (rosewood stain color)
Plumbing (for the overflows and return jets)
ProClear Acrylic Sump (lifetime warranty)
MagDrive 1800gph return pump
And a few new sheets of filter foam for the sump.

Tank and stand (and canopy) are sold as-is. Does hold water though, have fish in it now actually. Only 3.5 years old.

Asking $600 OR BEST OFFER...MAKE ME OFFERS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED! You must pick it up by Tuesday at the absolute latest. Earliest you can pick it up is Thursday at night (I need to have time to drain the tank, get the rocks, sand, and fish out), but if you give me 24 hours notice I'll have the tank ready for you to pick it up.

You will need a full size pickup truck or a moving (uhaul) van/truck. If you use a pickup truck you may have to make two trips, or we may have to dismantle the stand to make it fit in your vehicle. If you live close by (within an hour), I'll deliver the stand if you pickup the tank and canopy.

Again, asking $600 OR BEST OFFER. Don't be afraid to make me offers for the tank. You have to pick it up by Tuesday though (preferably this weekend).

YSS

Members
Not sure why you keep emphasizing holds water, but makes it sound like its not in a good condition. Having said that, this is a great deal. I havethe same tank and I paid a lot of money and there's no way I would sell my setup for anywhere near this price. Good luck with the sale. There's going to be one lucky person who will end up with a nice tank who paid near nothing for it.

emartin

Members
I'm emphasizing that because I said it's being sold as is. It's dirty (aside from removing the rocks and most of the sand, I won't be cleaning it), has lots of hard water stains and calcium creep, and the stand has a water stain on one of the front doors and could be in better shape but it's solid and holds the tank well.

Tank is fine though, minimal scratches too (I put eggcrate underneath all the rocks).

I just want to get rid of it, there's no room for it in the new fish room at the house I am moving to and I really do not want to have to move it to the new place.

emartin

Members
Seriously, this tank itself cost me around $1500 brand new in December 2007. I just checked ThatPetPlace's website, this size tank retails there for $1,474.99.

This tank is priced to sell, and as is. It is dirty, it has lots of hard water stains and calcium creep from the high pH I buffer my tanks too. You will need to clean it upon receipt, I do not have time to clean it. It's a used tank. It holds water, practically no scratches (possibly 95-99% scratch free).

The stand has some wear on it, but it holds the tank just fine. It just has some water damage from spills over the past 3 years and from the fish splashing. The wood canopy, one of the doors is currently off because the hinge broke. A new hinge at home depot is pretty cheap.

That's why I am saying it is being sold as is. I don't have time to make it look "nice" to be an instant display tank as soon as you bring it home. Everything that's included in this setup cost me well close to $2,500 (if not more) when I bought them all new in 2007. $600 is MORE than fair. I'm practically selling you the stand, and then including everything else for free.

I am willing to listen to offers in order to sell it by Tuesday. I'll even throw in 20ft of filter foam (enough to last you like two years for this tank).

rich_one

Members
This is a really superb deal. I totally wish I could spring for this within your timeframe... good luck!

-Rich

emartin

Members
where in Jersey are you located, North/South?

Central area along the coast. I live near Eatontown, NJ. My actual zip code is 07740, about 5-10minutes from Eatontown. Eatontown is just where all the major highway exits/entrances are.

emartin

Members
Also I really just need the tank gone by Tuesday night. The stand I can bring to my new place and hold it for a few days if you need to make a second trip. If you're not too far I can even meet you (after the 1st of june) on a highway to get you the stand or maybe even deliver it, strictly depending on how far away you are.

For CCA people I can meet (after the 1st) you with the stand (if you pick up the tank by Tuesday night) in South Jersey along the NJ Turnpike at a rest stop.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
MAN WHAT A DEAL......OOPS UI MEAN STEAL!! EMARTIN THATS A SWEET BARGAIN AND IM JUST SORRY I CANT GET IT.

emartin

Members
Also I really just need the tank gone by Tuesday night. The stand I can bring to my new place and hold it for a few days if you need to make a second trip. If you're not too far I can even meet you (after the 1st of june) on a highway to get you the stand or maybe even deliver it, strictly depending on how far away you are.

For CCA people I can meet (after the 1st) you with the stand (if you pick up the tank by Tuesday night) in South Jersey along the NJ Turnpike at a rest stop.

$500 IF YOU CAN GET AT LEAST THE TANK BY TUESDAY NIGHT......that's as low as I am willing to go to get the tank sold and picked up by Tuesday night.

eden2020

Members
Tank

Great price.. way too far. Can't make a 9 hr round trip. Good luck with getting it a home. And good luck with the move. Just did it myself, it's a pain..

-Marc and Marcus