• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

265 Gallon

Thai

Members
Bought a new tank over the weekend, well new to me at least, it's a 84x24x30 standard 265, was originally used at salt and had some salt crude on the back of it, got the stand inside and just finished cleaning the inside of the tank and painted the back black as well.

Filtration with be from my old 180, 3 FX5s with 2 1000gph powerheads for circulation ( will upgrade these as well to 1500gph)

Lighting, I have 2 36" 200 watt coralife fixtures 6700k

Layout will be similar to my 110, pool filter sand, driftwood and large realistic fake plants. Will keep it simple and natural

Here's the tank cleaned up in my garage

image.jpg

Thai

Members
Debating on substrate now, my favorite pool filter sand was from namco pools but they are out of business, very limited now as to what I like and what's affordable...also pondered the idea of putting black natural tile down instead of sunstrate

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Debating on substrate now, my favorite pool filter sand was from namco pools but they are out of business, very limited now as to what I like and what's affordable...also pondered the idea of putting black natural tile down instead of sunstrate

Black natural tile? :confused:

Sounds interesting.