• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

220 rescape

Decided to do a rescape in the middle of an 80% water change.

Before and after pics. What do you think? I like the vertical placement of the wood. Right now this tank has juvenile Green Terror, clown loach, and what was sold to me as red Texas, but I believe are actually flowerhorns. All fiah are under 4 inches.

Sent from my C6916 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1398892764273.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398892775088.jpg

blkmjk

Members
Much improved paint the back and add more decore! What do you have in there?

Drew

Edit I re read your post.

Acpape0

Members
I Like the wood better standing up.
+1 on the background painting

+ 1 on more filtration , what you have now is adequate for the current stock and size but as everyone grows up they will need more filtration .... Maybe another fx5 or preferably a sump

Anyways nice tank man

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Black background is on the list of changes...I should have done that before I built the 10 gallon tank system on the sides. As for filtration, I'm looking at either adding another canister or a sump, haven't decided yet. I wish I could find some pieces of driftwood like the one already in the tank...that would be great!

I can't wait to have some larger fish in this tank. I thought about moving my frontosa group to this tank, but as it is they stay at the bottom of their 150.

I also considered making this an African cichlid tank, but as it stands they are doing well in the 75, and if anything I'll move them to the drilled 180 I have yet to plumb and get running.

blkmjk

Members
Looks like he has a fx5 on there more than enough for his current stock. In the long yes add one more. But for now. ..

Drew

This weekend I managed to pick up a used Fx5 to add to the 220. It was previously used in a marine setup using live rock for bio...need to swing by the lfs (house of tropicals) and pick up some biomax and pads.

On another note, I absolutely love Craigslist! I picked this fx5 up for $125 and while there the gentleman gave me a couple of 200 watt heaters and a pair of wave makers. Score!!!

Next project is black background for the tank.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Raven20

Members
If that's all you need is just that 1 item, sure it's cheaper to go to a LFS...For more than 1 item, online is the way to go..

spazmattik

Members
I had the pleasure of meeting Matt this weekend and also got to check out this tank and the rest of his set ups. This tank looks better in person. All his setups are awesome as he has a little bit of everything going on.

I had the pleasure of meeting Matt this weekend and also got to check out this tank and the rest of his set ups. This tank looks better in person. All his setups are awesome as he has a little bit of everything going on.

Thanks, it was nice meeting you as well. Since you were here the wife added a few more 10 gallon tanks and we picked up some more fish from Batfish Aquatics, including a wc Green Terror (about 6 or 7 inches)...I also found a 55 for that stand we were using as a sofa table. Should be interesting placing a tank there.... :)

Matt

spazmattik

Members
Thanks, it was nice meeting you as well. Since you were here the wife added a few more 10 gallon tanks and we picked up some more fish from Batfish Aquatics, including a wc Green Terror (about 6 or 7 inches)...I also found a 55 for that stand we were using as a sofa table. Should be interesting placing a tank there.... :)

Matt

Nice!