• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2014 Catfish Convention - Going?

Going to 2014 Catfish Convention?

• Yes - registered and ready to go!

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Yes - but only free stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Why?

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Leffler817

CCA Members
I didn't see a poll to vote as it's not visible on the app and I don't get online via a computer much anymore. But I registered back in July. I'll be my first CatCon and I can't wait. Unfortunately, I cannot come until Saturday and Sunday doesn't look promising, yet. Nonetheless, I super excited. I hope to get some tips on getting my group of Syno Pardalis to breed. Maybe score some more L270s and L264s too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
Perhaps. And I understand that people are busy and have other obligations.

But there's no denying that getting even a small fraction of our members (and/or people who participate in CCA who aren't members) to participate in events (whether AquaMania, Aquafest, Catfish Convention, etc.) requires a lot of effort.

Stuff like this appeals to me. Wouldn't miss it (even if I can't attend all of it, which I can't). But I'm one of the 14 who voted that I registered (and have actually registered). And not one of the 150+ who hasn't.

And to be clear: I'm not faulting those who haven't registered. Just trying to understand - as someone who's done my best to make events like this compelling to attend - how to make participation a must :)

Matt

I think you're reading way too much into people not responding to a poll on the forum page. Maybe people have better things to do than respond to polls. (Sadly, I'm not one of them.)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Awesome deal

But Saturday also has the vendor room with lots of different vendors selling fish and equipment and foods and --- well you name it and the prices will be good. Registered attendees will get a goodie bag at the registration desk which will contain tcikets that you can present to the indicated vendor and get a free container of fish food. The free food will total around $50 retail, as I understand it currently. We have found some great sponsors and vendors.
That's amazing on the free food, Frank!

So, if you register now for the speakers only, you pay $55, but get almost that value in fish food. And you get access to the speakers, vendors, and spree on three for about $5 net.

I registered earlier, without knowing this, but this makes it even better.

clearsky5

CCA Members
I'm going...........
got a room on 3
(jesse & Jim will have some fish in my room also)

think I registered hours after the site was up :)

the speaker list is incredible!!!

David

Paradigm

CCA Members
We will be there...I can't wait! Be sure to check your goodie bags for a coupon and come visit us on Saturday in the vendor room. We are debuting a new food and giving away free samples :)

Setting up 2 dozen tanks at Convention!!

Come and check us out at the Convention. We are a family run fish farm out of Lakeland FL. IMPERIALTROPICALS.COM. Some of the fish include Geophagus Winemilleri, Red Head Tapajos and a wide variety of Rams.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Cool!

We will be there...I can't wait! Be sure to check your goodie bags for a coupon and come visit us on Saturday in the vendor room. We are debuting a new food and giving away free samples :)
I'm looking forward to trying your food!

chris_todd

Members
I'll be there Saturday afternoon and Sunday and I got a room for Saturday night. Didn't vote in the poll because it doesn't show up in the app.

Looking forward to seeing all my fish peeps again!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
Just to reiterate, the auction is free. Not only will there be auction items, but there will be great raffles - catfish and dry goods.

rsretep

Members
Heading to Niagara Falls for the weekend with my lady, won't be back til late Sunday. Post pictures for those who can't attend Please

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll be there saturday and sunday. I chose 'yes - registered and ready to go' only because 'yes but not registered yet' wasn't an option. I didn't realize all food options were no longer available, and registration was only done in person. Was hoping to pre-register, but its not a big deal.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing some great talks!

verbal

CCA Members
I'll be there saturday and sunday. I chose 'yes - registered and ready to go' only because 'yes but not registered yet' wasn't an option. I didn't realize all food options were no longer available, and registration was only done in person. Was hoping to pre-register, but its not a big deal.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing some great talks!

If you haven't already - shoot an email to: registercatfishcon@pvas.com

They may be able to have a pre-printed name tag available for you Saturday morning.

Look forward to seeing a lot of people from CCA at the convention.