• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2012 ACA CONVENTION

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Club members:
Caleb

Tonya
Rachel
Jim
Michael
Tony
Jon
Christine
Matt
Wendy
Ethan
Tracey
Pat

Forum members
James
Andy
Adam

Who else is going.

So what beer is everyone bringing? Anyone bringing any Dogfish Head? They stopped distributing in Wisconsin.

Let me know if there are any Wisconsin beers anyone is looking for!

Andy

WendyFish

Members
The number of fun things that go along with driving out there just keeps on growing for me! I can bring some Dogfish -- any favorite flavor(s)?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So what beer is everyone bringing? Anyone bringing any Dogfish Head? They stopped distributing in Wisconsin.

Let me know if there are any Wisconsin beers anyone is looking for!

Andy

I'm your huckleberry.

I'll bring some Dogfish as well as Flying Dog... you are a lover of the hops, no?

I ain't that particular and my tastes tend to be rather on the bland side. Dogfish head is for one of my coworkers but he needs to tell me what flavor he wants first.

Jeff Michels and me are bringing quite a selection of Wisconsin brews and will take requests.

Andy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Got this email update from the convention today....

Hello All,
As I write this the ACA convention here in Indianapolis is less than a month away. I want to thank all of you for registering for this year's event. If you have not visited the website, aca2012indy.com, recently I would highly suggest you take a look. We have had several new exciting editions to the site. UPG has stepped up the Children's Decorating Contest this year to 50 entries so those of you bringing the little ones might want to take advantage of not only the decorating contest, but also the other activities we have added for the kids. We also have added two more side trips recently that offer opportunities to visit the UPG Aquarium Manufacturing Plant and a trip to Ozarks Fisheries,the oldest continuously operated fish hatchery in the United States. There are still a few seats left for the trip down to enjoy The Wessel Fish House and BBQ spots are filing up fast, so if you know anyone who is hesitating you might want to advise them to get registered ASAP. We have also added T-shirts and Polo shirts for the fashionable among you:)
Also anyone who registered early and purchased a banquet we have negotiated some menu choices with the Hotel. If you dd not select an option please email me at fleck74@gmail.com and advise as to whether you would prefer: Chicken, Pork Loin or Vegetarian. Pleas email me and do not register again for the banquet. I will make it easy and if I do not hear from you I will assume your choice was chicken. I apologize for any confusion. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
The crew here at Indy is very excited to be hosting this event and we look forward to showing all of you why Indiana is famous for Hoosier Hospitality!! See you soon.

Sincerely,
Joe Fleckenstein
American Cichlid Association BOT 2011/2012
ACA Convention Chair 2012
(317)885-9466
fleck74@gmail.com

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I finally registered earlier this week. Signed up for the Rusty Wessel trip. I think it will be pretty cool to see his stock.

Turns out my wife and daughter are coming with me. (I don't think she trusts me not to blow the budget buying fish!) We are arriving Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Andy

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It is hard to believe the convention is right around the corner...

I need to start making some room for things that will make the trip back from Indy.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Registered and signed up for the UPG Aquarium Plant Tour. Sounds like it should be an interesting trip. Ordered a t-shirt too so I can look cool after the convention is over.

Would wearing last year's ACA shirt be like wearing a concert shirt to the band you're going to see?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Except that ours was a little too Lilith Fair-ish for me ;)

Matt

Registered and signed up for the UPG Aquarium Plant Tour. Sounds like it should be an interesting trip. Ordered a t-shirt too so I can look cool after the convention is over.

Would wearing last year's ACA shirt be like wearing a concert shirt to the band you're going to see?