• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2011 NFL Season Picks....

mrkillie

Members
OK, the season starts Thursday. Let see your picks for this year!

Here's mine:

AFC

North - Steelers
South- Texans
East - Patriots
West - Chargers

Wild Cards - Ravens & Jets

AFC Champions: Steelers

NFC

North - Packers
South - Buccaneers
East - Cowboys (UGGHHH!)
West - Rams

Wild Cards - Eagles & Saints

NFC Champions: Saints

SUPER BOWL: Steelers over the Saints

Now where's yours?

AFC

North - Ravens
South- Texans
East - Jets
West - Chargers

Wild Cards - Patriots Steelers

AFC Champions: Jets

NFC

North - Packers
South - Falcons
East - Eagles
West - Seahawks

Wild Cards - Redskins & Saints

NFC Champions: Falcons

SUPER BOWL: Falcons over Jets 24-19

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
AFC

North - RAVENS
South- TITANS
East - JETS
West - RAIDERS

Wild Cards - STEELERS & PATRIOTS
AFC Champions: JETS

NFC

North - VIKINGS
South - SAINTS
East - EAGLES
West - CARDS
Wild Cards - SKINS & LIONS
NFC Champions: EAGLES
SUPER BOWL: EAGLES over the JETS

mdlnewman

Members
AFC

North Pittsburg
South Houston
East New Jersey
West San Diego

Wild Card Baltimore, New England
AFC champs San Diego

NFC

North Green Bay
South Atlanta
East Dallas
West who cares(Arizona)

Wild Card Philly, New Orleans
NFC Champs Packers

Pack repeat

mdlnewman

Members
OMG I want some of what he is smokin, skins really????:confused:

AFC

North - RAVENS
South- TITANS
East - JETS
West - RAIDERS

Wild Cards - STEELERS & PATRIOTS
AFC Champions: JETS

NFC

North - VIKINGS
South - SAINTS
East - EAGLES
West - CARDS
Wild Cards - SKINS & LIONS
NFC Champions: EAGLES
SUPER BOWL: EAGLES over the JETS

I am looking at their schedule and with how some of the teams on the schedule changed and the makeover of the defense I think that they have a shot to take enough games, especially from the Giants(who have lost 7 defensive starters between free agency and injury) and Dallas(not sure what to expect from Romo and never know what to expect from their other offensive players other than Witten). My tune may be different come Monday after they play the Giants but I see the offense finally doing just enough to balance the defense so that 21 points a game wins more often than it loses for them. A few years back, if they had only scored 21 points in all their games, they would have been 13-3. We shall see. I was wavering between them, Dallas, and Chicago for the last Wild Card spot. All three have major question marks to me, but no one else jumped out at me from the NFC. I still think that the AFC is the class of the league right now and if they gave playoff spots like soccer does, than you would see 8-9 teams from the AFC in the playoffs to the NFC 3-4.

My reasoning also takes into account how awful the NFC West is, so I automatically have eliminated all but one of those teams from contention. So thats 1 of 6 spots. Central (Green Bay, Bears, Minnesota, Detroit) Green Bay I think locks down a playoff spot, but they only qualified in the last week last season. One of the Wild Cards could also come from Chicago or Detroit (assuming they stay healthy). I dont think Minnesota has a prayer of contending. The South (Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina and New Orleans). I write Carolina off right off the bat, and I think that the other three beat each other up enough that this division gets one wild card (either New Orleans or Tampa Bay) and I think Atlanta especially with the addition of Julio Jones at wideout win that division. That leaves the East and two spots in my mind division champ and a wild card. See my reasoning above for why I think the Skins have a solid shot. I think the season hinges on the offense's ability to just hold onto the football to win games. So as you can see, I did actually think it over before I laid it out there. I watch the Skins since they are the home team but I am not much of a homer when it comes to the NFL. My homerism is reserved for Virginia Tech football and college in general.

mrkillie

Members
Julio Jones never impressed me, in college or otherwise. A lot of people think he's putting the Falcons over the top, but that won't be the case.

mdlnewman

Members
An offensive player can't put Atlanta over the top cause their defense sucked. Now Ray Edwards may put them over the top.

I could never expect much out of an offense led by Grossman sorry. I don't see how their offense can get out of their own way. I mean who is going to catch the balls Grossman doesn't throw to the other team?

Dallas' question marks are on D not O. Anyone who doubts Romo really isn't being honest with themselves they have just chosen to hate on him. His stats are top 5 in the league last 5 years and only get better each year. Now the sorry *** D from last year won't cut it. If Rob Ryan can't get them to play like they are capable then it will be another long season for us 'boys fans.

Dallas has three new starters on their offensive line and not what I consider upgrades either. They looked porous against the other first team D's that they faced preseason. Romo wont last a month if he isnt allowed to stay upright. His stats are top five taking into account last season and discounting it. I just dont think he played enough preseason to be back in the groove and could spend quite a bit of time running for his life which he wont be used to. It is more that I dont think that the players around him are the same caliber as when he started in Dallas other than Witten. Not sold on the running back committee they have, Miles Austin is solid but no telling what you are going to get from Dez Bryant. At least Roy Williams is no longer your problem. I just dont think that Romo is going to have the time to throw the ball like he is used to and that it will have a big impact.

No question their D has underperformed and lost some of the talent they had in the offseason, again a salary cap problem.

Dallas' biggest problem is the salary cap and how many of their current contracts are structured. Led to two of the three cuts on the offensive line.

verbal

CCA Members
AFC

North Baltimore
South Houston
East New England
West San Diego

Wild Card Steelers , Dolphins
AFC champs New England

NFC

North Green Bay
South New Orleans
East Philly
West who cares(Arizona)

Wild Card Giants, Atlanta
NFC Champs New Orleans

Super Bowl champ - New England

mdlnewman

Members
Unless you're talking in the playoffs.

K let's look at that
Tony Romo

'07 vs seattle
17-29 189y 1td no picks sacked 2, Not bad not good but not bad, for a first time in the playoffs, yea he fumbled the snap.

'08 vs Giants
18-36 201y 1td 1int, sacked 2, Don't feel much need to talk about this. The Giants were destined for greatness. Brady looked lost against them too.

'10 vs Eagles
23-35 244y 2td no int, 2 sacks, Solid job again nothing to get excited about.

'10 vs Vikings
22-35 198 0td 1int, 6sacks including 2 lost fumbles, His offensive line completely failed like against the Giants. He could never get comfortable. Some on him, most on o-line suckage.

My analysis of this info is that he is blah in his playoff career, not bad like most people believe. He definitely needs to step it up but is not a fail so far.

mrkillie

Members
K let's look at that
Tony Romo

'07 vs seattle
17-29 189y 1td no picks sacked 2, Not bad not good but not bad, for a first time in the playoffs, yea he fumbled the snap.

'08 vs Giants
18-36 201y 1td 1int, sacked 2, Don't feel much need to talk about this. The Giants were destined for greatness. Brady looked lost against them too.

'10 vs Eagles
23-35 244y 2td no int, 2 sacks, Solid job again nothing to get excited about.

'10 vs Vikings
22-35 198 0td 1int, 6sacks including 2 lost fumbles, His offensive line completely failed like against the Giants. He could never get comfortable. Some on him, most on o-line suckage.

My analysis of this info is that he is blah in his playoff career, not bad like most people believe. He definitely needs to step it up but is not a fail so far.

My analysis is that he goes from a 95.5 Passer rating, with 64.1% completion and a nearly 2-1 TD-INT ration to a 77.2 passer rating with a 59.2 completion percentage with the same TD-INT ratio, BUT, he has 5.7% of his attempts end in a TD in the regular season and less than 3% (2.96) in the playoffs. Of course, some of that drop off could be from receivers dropping more balls in the playoffs and other factors, like better defenses. But the best QBs will still find a way to win, which he doesn't.

verbal

CCA Members
My analysis is that he goes from a 95.5 Passer rating, with 64.1% completion and a nearly 2-1 TD-INT ration to a 77.2 passer rating with a 59.2 completion percentage with the same TD-INT ratio, BUT, he has 5.7% of his attempts end in a TD in the regular season and less than 3% (2.96) in the playoffs. Of course, some of that drop off could be from receivers dropping more balls in the playoffs and other factors, like better defenses. But the best QBs will still find a way to win, which he doesn't.

So he turns into Jason Campbell in the play-offs?

Still bashing Campbell even after the year McNabb had here? Campbell finished the year higher rated than McNabb did last year and he arguably had a worse offense around him than the Redskins. Campbell's biggest problem was that he had 9 different offensive coordinators/head coaches in 9 years going back to college. No continuity of offense, so instead of developing in a system, he was having to learn an entire new system all over again. Most analysts say it takes three years in a system until you should "have it down pat". Not saying Campbell is a wunderkid by any stretch of the imagination but I think he gets a raw deal compared to most, especially with the offensive lines he was surrounded by in Washington.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
AFC

North - Steelers

South- Texans
East - Jets
West - Chargers

Wild Cards - Ravens & Patriots

AFC Champions: Jets

NFC

North - Packers

South - Falcons
East - Eagles
West - Rams

Wild Cards - Skins & Saints

NFC Champions: Packers

SUPER BOWL: Packers over the Jets 21-10

"How da ya like them Apples!"

AFC

North Baltimore
South Houston
East Jets
West San Diego

Wild Card Steelers , New England
AFC champs Jets

NFC

North Green Bay
South Atlanta
East FILTHadelphia
West Seahawks

Wild Card Giants, NAWlins
NFC Champs Atlanta

Super Bowl champ - JETS all over the Falcons

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Sup Cristian! How are you're fish doing Bro? Anyways, good to see you back here with us. You need to Rejoin the Membership Man!

Richard,
The fish are doing good. I raised the temp. and added salt and it seems like it has worked. Keeping fingers crossed to make sure ick doesn't come back.