• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2 gallon kitchen tank

Ading522

Members
looking to decorate my moms kitchen with a small aquarium.. i have an evolve 2 that i would like to put up for aesthetic purposes and because my mom enjoys looking at it (gives her something to enjoy).. don't really have much stocking choice as a 2 gallon is just good for shrimps or a betta.. might trade it for a 4 gallon.. if so, what do you guys think? will probably tie some guppy grass or pennyworth to some wood or stones and maybe put 3 tetras and prolly 3 shrimp? hmm... any inputs would help!

thanks guys!

zackcrack00

Members
Tetras like schools of 6 or more. What about a half moon betta, or some Quality guppies, just males? Or you could do male red cherry shrimp. Male Endlers would be nice!

Ading522

Members
Tetras like schools of 6 or more. What about a half moon betta, or some Quality guppies, just males? Or you could do male red cherry shrimp. Male Endlers would be nice!

was looking to get a show quality betta.. that would definitely be awesome and enough..but the flow on the tank from the built in filter is just too much even when toned down to the minimum that the betta does not seem to like it.. could not find a way to decrease the flow even with a sponge over the outlet or pointing it at the walls to decrease the flow more.. you could see the betta struggling to get the food.. and i do not think 6 tetras will be comfy in a 2 gallon.. maybe if i can switch the a 4 gallon or bigger..just don't want the tank bigger.. might become an eye-sore instead..

A nice small school of ember tetras, or some Boraras species, or celestial pearl danios would be nice for a small planted tank.

Arlene

Becca

Members
Hmm..I do plan to pit some pennywort tied to rocks or twigs..and I think I can crest some nice plant hiding spots.. thanks much Arlene!

Where can I get these ?

Tropical Lagoon usually has them, as does Congressional, and PetSmart. Just call the stores and ask - someone will have them.

Ading522

Members
I do have the pennyworts..I realized I have put "pit" instead of "put"..arrrgggg..annoying auto corrects..lol I meant the white cloud minnows..anyone keeping them locally?

Becca

Members
I do have the pennyworts..I realized I have put "pit" instead of "put"..arrrgggg..annoying auto corrects..lol I meant the white cloud minnows..anyone keeping them locally?

That's what I was talking about - the minnows. Call Tropical Lagoon, they almost always have them. I've recently seen them at Congressional and PetSmart in Germantown.

I'm going to buy a nice-sized group to drop in my parents' pond in PA next weekend. I've heard that they'll winter over when the weather isn't heinously cold and that they're good at keeping mosquitoes at bay. I'm hoping if I drop 10-20 in the pond there will be many, many more at the end of the summer... Guess we'll see.