• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

1st Dslr Photo

maddog10

Members
Ok, figured out how to take a picture with my new camera. Just used kit lens, on board flash and everything set to auto. Can only get better from here. Can't wait for macro lens and set up remote flashes. WHOAAA!!

[attachmentid=193]

I know its dark and has shadows, but just had to snap a pic!!

You guys are going to get tired of me posting pictures in the very near future.

mscichlid

Founder
A little more light would have made that a nice attempt. Keep trying, keep shooting, and keep shooting!

maddog10

Members
That was literally the first picture I took. Just set everything to auto and snappes a pic. I can do better (not much better though).

All those years of picking brains...all those wasted shots... :angry:, and you get this kind of results with your first effort... :angry3:

I guess I'm a little jealous Mike :rolleyes:

maddog10

Members
I now realize that it takes a lot of shots just to get one that is ok. Multiply that by 10 to get a really nice shot. Shoot all night to get one great pic. Takes a lot of patience and a good eye (I lack in both areas, for now).

I also notice that some fish are much easier to photograph than others. Can not get anything close to a decent shot of my "Gold Heads".

Patience...

GoldFace1.jpg