• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125 High tech planted turtle tank

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You know, I looked at the pictures about a half dozen times and never saw the turtle!

I would be careful with keeping small tetras with the RES. I have an old female, probably about 8" shell, and I am pretty sure that she would swallow a cardinal in a heartbeat if she could catch it.

GBRlehrich

CCA Members
What kind of turtle do you have? I'd be careful keeping them with cardinals.

I have 3 turtles, a red eared slider, Ouachita map, and cagles map. The res I rescued from an illegal street vendor who dug up a turtle nest and hatched them premature. I saw one turtle, and could tell he probably only had about a week left to live considering he could barely move. I got him, kept him in stable conditions untill he absorbed his yolk sack, and then hand fed him untill he ate on his own. I've had him ever since, untill I can figure out how to give him a good home. If anyone could recommend someone on this forum that would be appreciated. Anyway, I've had him with all types of fish, cory cats, bristlenose, and angels. Though unless I change the scape often, he will run out of things to do and might decide to have a little snack.

GBRlehrich

CCA Members
Looks like a red ear slider??

Yes, it's a red eared slider, along with 2 maps. My cagles map and will stay with me becuase he will only get about 3 inches, he is non aggressive, and an endangered species that I promised the best home for. I am trying to rehome my res and ouachita map. Could you think of anyone on this forum that could provide a good home and is trusted in the community?

GBRlehrich

CCA Members
You know, I looked at the pictures about a half dozen times and never saw the turtle!

I would be careful with keeping small tetras with the RES. I have an old female, probably about 8" shell, and I am pretty sure that she would swallow a cardinal in a heartbeat if she could catch it.

Haha yeah I just realized that I didn't get the turtles in the pictures. I am very careful, he seems non aggressive, but that is probably becuase he seems to only like his veggies (plants) which is a problem with a planted tank , I can only feed him repromin sticks that are green, the brown and orange pellets don't appeal to him.

GBRlehrich

CCA Members
If it can catch a cardinal tetra then it's just a gourmet snack.

He never really goes after anything other than 1- my mom when she goes up to the tank. 2- floating sticks that are green. 3-plants. And 4- my Ouachita map turtle so he can flutter his arms at her. But with that being said, I am still trying to re-home my res and Ouachita map, who's names are Tuck, and Little Rocco. Any help finding someone on here who can accommodate and take good care of the 2 turts would be appreciated.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wish I had more space to take them on for you, but i don't think my current tank is big enough. Hopefully you can find them a good home.

GBRlehrich

CCA Members
I wish I had more space to take them on for you, but i don't think my current tank is big enough. Hopefully you can find them a good home.

I appreciate the thought. Do you know anyone on this forum who can properly accommodate a male res and a female Ouachita?