• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dues / Renewal

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Its that time of the year again.

Thats right. Time to renew your CCA membership.

Due in January.
You can send to me:
1804 Petula Court
Forest Hill, MD 21050
or bring to the January meeting.

Individual $20.00
Family (under one roof) $30.00.

I have had a lot of people paid for 2009 already so if you are uncertain, email or PM me.

See you in 09

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Cool.
Just trying to keep our membership up.
Even got 4 new members Saturday.
Good times. lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
After the Feb meeting I am thinking about sending out a letter or postcard to a lot of the people we have not seen here for a year or two. Try to get them back into the fold. Tell them about our speakers and events.

I did it 2 years ago but did not get anybody.

animicrazy

Members
After the Feb meeting I am thinking about sending out a letter or postcard to a lot of the people we have not seen here for a year or two. Try to get them back into the fold. Tell them about our speakers and events.

I did it 2 years ago but did not get anybody.

Did you ask them why they left? (an exit interview) (phone works great for this)

Do we have PayPal for dues? I pay all but one bill online and none by mail.

TMS

P.S. Just felt like being an *ss - but this stuff does work.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I pay all of mine electronically also.

I have wanted Paypal for a couple years.
I keep hitting a roadblock.

However right now I am not sure. I have a problem with Paypal right now. I started to renew on another club, It did not recognize my password. I tried to change it. It did not recognize any of my answers.
And I am having problems getting it straightend out.

I hope to work it out and have it here on the forum as an option soon.

tash

Members
Did you ask them why they left? (an exit interview) (phone works great for this)

Do we have PayPal for dues? I pay all but one bill online and none by mail.

TMS

P.S. Just felt like being an *ss - but this stuff does work.

I just want to second this. I have a 'checking' account, but I haven't actually had a check in years and years. My husband pays most of the regular bills (cars, phone, etc) but he doens't use checks either. He actually got rid of his one credit card that wouldnt take online payments because of that. So to pay dues here I need to go to the bank and get cash out and then go to the meeting and not spend the cash in the auction :lol:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I'll join as soon as paypal is an option, otherwise I'll wait until Ad K. comes to town as i'm planning on coming to that. I'm lookin at nearly 4 hrs roundtrip drive time to come to a meeting (depending on where they're actually held), but I'd like to support the club. I guess I could get a M/O or write a check and mail it... just call me lazy :p

tash

Members
Doesn't it cost money to use PAYPAL?

George

not to send money. it costs a % of every payment you recive IF you have the upgraded account. Having an upgraded acccount lets you take payments made by credit card (rather then funded, which is money that is in the payees paypal account or direct from their bank account). Non upgraded (basic) accounts also can only accept so much money per month, and can only transfer so much to a bank account per mont ($500 I think?).

here is a calc: www.ppcalc.com

maddog10

Members
Doesn't it cost money to use PAYPAL?

George

Yes, it would cost us money to receive Paypal payments. It will cost you money to use Paypal, because we will charge a an extra dollar or two if you pay via Paypal. I think that was what we agreed to do anyway. Pat?

Using Paypal does create a little more work with the book keeping end of the things as well.

How much does it cost to write a check and put a stamp on an envelope? Or...how about attending a meeting and hand over the cash. Hmmm, again, just as last year this time, I don't think I have paid my dues yet.:confused:

I hope you guys still accept cash at the meeting.;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
It will get set up at some point.
Yes the Board had voted to add a little to the price for using it.

I still believe that even if it costs the club some, in the long run we would have more people join because of it.

LOL
yes we still take cash. LOL.

tash

Members
How much does it cost to write a check and put a stamp on an envelope? Or...how about attending a meeting and hand over the cash. ......

it would be $20.91 to pay through paypal. (probably rounded to $21?)

to pay by mail you need to order checks (about $15?) or get a money order ($.50-$2), then buy stamps (another $4-$5). Then buy envelopes ($4). Plus all the gas running around to get this stuff... so that is a total (including membership dues) of $28.50-$46 plus gas. ;)

driving to a meeting for me costs a little less then a gallon of gas (maybe 3/4?). so at current prices that is about $1.30 or so just to get there. double it if I want to go home ;) so total cost to drive to the meeting just to pay dues is $22.60. This does not count the detour to go to the bank and get cash out.

cheapest so far-PayPal.

of course I try to make it to the meetings anyway if I can... :D

Wow, I apologize for missing the the fact that some folks don't have a checking account. Julie, your right. For those who don't already have a checking account, it would be much more equitable to go with PayPal if they already have it set up.

But as far as paying in cash at a meeting. If you want to be an active member that lives in a close proximity of the meetings, attending a meeting should not be that difficult.

The bottom line is the cost of creating a PayPal account that is equitable for the club.

The debate goes on.:rolleyes:

Charlutz

Members
It's against the paypal user agreement to charge a fee to a customer for using paypal. A switch to paypal wouldn't affect me as it's no trouble for me to hit an ATM before the January meeting. They usually have twenty-dollar bills in there. :) I just mention it as an fyi. The loophole around it is to raise the membership fee to $21 and offer a discount for anyone paying by check or cash. I didn't write the contract, I just report it. :eek: