• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Meeting Speakers and Topics

What kinds of speakers do you want (multiple choices permitted)

• Big name speakers

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Club members

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Practical fishkeeping topics ("how to")

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Overview of a type of fish topics (e.g. "Thoricthys" or "Mbuna"))

• Old World Cichlid Topics

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • New World Cichlid Topics

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Catfish Topics

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Non-Cichlid Topics

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Fish Collecting Trip Topics

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Conservation / Preservation Topics

• Doesn't matter - It's all good

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Doesn't Matter - Get to the auction already!

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hands on / workshop activities

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Other - please describe

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think that Old World keepers outnumber New World ones pretty significantly in the club, though.

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
Perhaps, but maybe they (the Old World folks) are seeing the error of their ways. They will be converted, whether they like it or not!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for starting this thread and thanks for all the input folks. Keep it coming!

It's difficult to fill up slots in the year, guessing what folks want. This really helps.

It sounds like another live food talk is definitely in order...

Beeman

Members
It sounds like another live food talk is definitely in order...[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! :happy0158:

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I went with the "It's all good" option, because it is. My caveat, though, is that the fish speakers stay on point and keep it reasonably brief. I tend to drift after about an hour.

Blaise

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I went with the "It's all good" option, because it is. My caveat, though, is that the fish speakers stay on point and keep it reasonably brief. I tend to drift after about an hour.

Blaise
+1, especially if it's a topic I dont know. I love learning something new but it can get a bit boring once it passes the hour mark.

daninmd

Members
how about a "virtual tank tour". people could record video and do a walk thru of their fish rooms. I am specifically thinking of some of the people with the larger setups. Could discuss their setups, filtration, lessons learned, etc. maybe 3 people each doing a 10 minute video along with some Q & A.

dogofwar

CCA Members
We actually did that last year :)

We just need volunteers for these kinds of mini-presentations (http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20042&highlight=BAP) and BAP ones...

Matt

how about a "virtual tank tour". people could record video and do a walk thru of their fish rooms. I am specifically thinking of some of the people with the larger setups. Could discuss their setups, filtration, lessons learned, etc. maybe 3 people each doing a 10 minute video along with some Q & A.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Here are some of the fishroom videos (of Sam, Tony and Jon's fishrooms / tanks) from last year's (Jan or Feb) meeting - thanks to Tony for taking them: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mokuji1234/videos

I'm all for doing more of them in the future (short member presentations on their fish rooms, BAP, DIY, etc.)...we just need volunteers to step up (beyond the usual suspects)!

Matt

dang, I guess that was before I joined the club :angry:

well I am going to pat myself on the back for a great idea though!

Last edited: