• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2012 ACA CONVENTION

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I said I was tired and did not plan on attending this years convention.

Well I just made my hotel reservations today.

Changed my mind. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, 2 months ago I gave it a 5% chance I would go.
Last month I told someone it was a 25% chance.

Now I made my reservations and asked for the time off.
Looking at the registration tonight.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
So far they only have one side trip, but its to the Rusty Wessel fish house.
Its a very expensive and long distance, side trip but I can't miss it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
In case you haven't seen this, it's GOLDEN:

http://tedsfishroom.com/2011/11/08/educate-tsa/

Hi Everyone…
This is mostly an issue for those of us in the states, but it may also affect anyone traveling through the USA. This is copied from what I posted in a new FaceBook Group called ‘Educate TSA’.
I experienced the unfortunate mistake of having some fish confiscated at the San Antonio airport by TSA last weekend. Let’s get this problem fixed once and for all. TSA has POLICY in place to permit the carrying of fish through security, but not all TSA agents are aware of it. Let’s all do the following steps and get the problem fixed:
1) Look up the contact information for the TSA Coordination Center at the airport in your area, send that person an email, or call them, and ask them to make all the agents aware of the TSA policy for live fish. You can refer them to the ‘Can I Bring” tool on the TSA.org website for an easy place to see that live fish are permitted through check points.
2) Send an email to TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov and ask for clarification of the rules. You will get a response that confirms that live fish can be carried through the check points. Make a paper copy of this entire email. Every time you fly anywhere, for any reason, take a bag of fish with you (a single feeder guppy will suffice) and a copy of the email. If you have a smart phone, down load the TSA Mobile application which has the ‘Can I Bring’ tool on it and have it ready when you go through security. If you are told that you cannot carry the fish through, politely inform them that you can, show them the letter and demonstrate that live fish are permitted using the ‘Can I Bring’ tool on your smart phone.
If this does not work, and your fish is confiscated, make sure that you get a business card from the agent with the contact information for the local TSA coordination center AND the agent’s name. When you get home, send a letter to the TSA contact email address (TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov) and the address for the local coordination center on the card explaining what happened… be sure to use the agent’s name.
If we all make a concerted effort to educate the TSA about their own policies we can end the unfortunate confiscations of our fish.

Decker504

Members
I was wondering about how I would get fish back from ACA 2012, great post

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I'm going. Planning on getting there Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Now I just have to finish the fish room before July!!!

Andy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well, it must be true that Tracey and I are going.
I just bought airfare.
It would have been a good bit cheaper to drive but with high mileage on both vehicles plus 10 hours each way we decided to fly.