• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pleco recommendation

jmessineo1

Members
I'm looking to add a fancy pleco to my 135 all male hap and peacock tank. I'm looking for one that doesn't get much bigger than a BN. Was wondering if there were any that would fit the bill.

blkmjk

Members
I would personally stay away from a fancy pleco in a nice african setup. Only because they are expensive and not likely to enjoy a crushed coral substrate ( high ph) like most african keepers have. If your using tap for water changes and no buffer. And you maintain a relatively neutral pH then go for it. Otherwise I would steer clear of them. I keep CA/ SA species and can't keep a fancy pleco alive. And I have spent a fortune in them.

Just my 2 cents

Drew

frankoq

Members
What sp. are you talking about? I always thought that Gold nuggets got 8-9 inches... thats like 2x the size of an ancistrus...

L-18 i see it listed as 6 inch max.
I had one for a year with Africans cichlids. He died due to a rookie error on me. Still looking for a replacement but these guys are expensive

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
Starlight, peppermint, green phantom, royal...

Just make sue the one you get will work with the decor. Some like to chew on driftwood or plants, others have teeth and will ruin acrylic or 3d backgrounds.

Leffler817

CCA Members
+1 on Matt's synodontis recommendation. I love my synos!

You could also get a variety of male BNs. They won't kill your fish budget and will come out during daylight hours.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app