• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb medium to large exotic pleco

FishEggs

More so to do with decor. Is there driftwood, only rock work, what temperatures and what other fish already in the tank?

FishEggs

Also the catfish convention is coming up in October. Should be able to find quite a few options there.

Becca

Members
We have a spare, male, 8-inch, L128 (Blue Phantom Pleco) that we've considered parting with. It's not a size you can typically buy. Really gorgeous fish. If you're interested, let me know and I'll snap a photo later on my cell phone.

Due to size, pick-up is heavily preferred and shipping is out of the question.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
We have a spare, male, 8-inch, L128 (Blue Phantom Pleco) that we've considered parting with. It's not a size you can typically buy. Really gorgeous fish. If you're interested, let me know and I'll snap a photo later on my cell phone.

Due to size, pick-up is heavily preferred and shipping is out of the question.
2409881314.....I'm in Gaithersburg

Becca

Members
You know I tried to hold a sharpie up next to it so everyone could get an idea of the size, but it swam away. Jerk pleco.

Becca

Members
How do you tell male from female phantoms?

Odontodes on the pectoral fins and cheek spines are the most obvious way. Unfortunately, these don't necessarily seem to fully develop until they are VERY large. You can use body shape and venting, although this is still a little tough in juveniles anyway and not as obvious as a bunch of whiskers and a gnarly forest of bristles on the pectoral fins. I've had to pull things off the fin odontodes before - plant leaves, algae, dog hair, etc. get tangled in them.