• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Green Dragon Plecos

chriscoli

Administrator
I have a few grow outs, but I just lost my adult female so I'll be hanging onto them until I replace her from the grow outs.

Are you looking for long or short fin?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
I just bought 6 long fins from Aquabid. 1 1/4" long so it will be a bit before these breed.
Christine is there anything special about keeping these? Can I treat them like all other BN ?

chriscoli

Administrator
Nothing special. They're just like other BN. They can also throw off albinos (like other BNs) if you end up with two parents that are recessive for it.

chriscoli

Administrator
my adults are LF, but produce a mix of LF and SF fry. The female was heterozygous for albino, and one of the males was too. So depending on which male she spawned with, I'd get either a mix of green/albino or all green. She preferred the heterozygous male since most batches were a mix.

chriscoli

Administrator
Are yours really green bright green ? or more of a muted green?

muted green, but it's a nice color. I've seen some photos that show them being really bright green and mine don't look like that. I've asked around and I'm not sure what the ideal color/appearance is for them.