• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Cone or Slate

Becca

Members
I'm looking for an angel spawning cone and/or a 3"x15" ish piece of smooth slate. My Peruvian "Altums" look like they're considering it, but they are inadvertently destroying the leaves on my Lagenandra while "cleaning" it. I thought I might present them with a better choice.

FishEggs

As far as I know it's a porcelain tile made in Italy. Dont know if that would be toxic.
Front20190618_190232.jpg

Back
20190618_190303.jpg
Cut to fit

Last edited:

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'm looking for an angel spawning cone and/or a 3"x15" ish piece of smooth slate. My Peruvian "Altums" look like they're considering it, but they are inadvertently destroying the leaves on my Lagenandra while "cleaning" it. I thought I might present them with a better choice.
I have a few roofing slates, but none are that narrow.

Becca

Members
I have a few roofing slates, but none are that narrow.

They don't like the roofing slates, not smooth enough. At the hatchery we used to use really smooth, half inch thick slate that was as tall as a 20H and lean it at a slight angle. When eggs are laid we put them in 1 gallon Mason jars with an airstone on the bottom of the slate and methylene blue. Worked like a charm. We'd transfer them to 10 gallons once free swimming.