• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Aquaclear 110 filters

Hey all, I'm looking to buy at least 2 used aqua clear 110 filters for reasonable price. Please let me know if anyone have any to sell. Also looking for some white sand (not the petco/petsmart brand)

Thanks,
Gerard

Becca

Members
I have about 1.5 50 lb bags of "Mystic White" pool filter sand. My source for this dried up, though. I could part with it for maybe $40? Other than that, I'd say check with Irwin Stone. They sell a variety of landscaping materials and stone products and are definitely cheaper than the Stone Store.

Wobblebonk

CCA Members
hrm I don't know if it's as white as mystic white, probably more beige, but you can do like instore pickup of pool filter sand from acehardware @ 12.99 a bag... but you might need to wait for them to ship it there otherwise it's like 20$ avg shipping for 50lbs of sand.

Freakgecko

Members
hrm I don't know if it's as white as mystic white, probably more beige, but you can do like instore pickup of pool filter sand from acehardware @ 12.99 a bag... but you might need to wait for them to ship it there otherwise it's like 20$ avg shipping for 50lbs of sand.
I get my play sand from Home Depot. Pretty normal tan color though, and you have to find the right brand

Wobblebonk

CCA Members
To be honest I've never used play sand and I got all my pool filter sand a long time ago now, these days I use black "sand"/coal slag from tractorsupplyco when I am using sand, and I've got a lot of dumb soft water / calcined clay substrate tanks which basically only comes in "white" as kitty litter.

I've actually got a few bags of caribsea sands right now that I got while petco was liquidating some of their foster&smith stock but I can't really recommend that for retail pricing.

Just realized with my wood canopy top the aquaclear filters will not fit. So I'm unable to use them on my current 180 gallon setup. However, I'm looking for some dependable canister filters. Let me know if you have any for reasonable price.

Becca

Members
Just realized with my wood canopy top the aquaclear filters will not fit. So I'm unable to use them on my current 180 gallon setup. However, I'm looking for some dependable canister filters. Let me know if you have any for reasonable price.

Have you considered 2 corner mattenfilters (or a custom made curved one in the center of the tank) run on powerheads? You can hide heaters behind them and you'll pretty much never need to do maintenance on them.

Has anybody used these Aquatop filters? Looking to place an order for 1 of the 2 from Ken's Fish while their on sale. Plus he accepts PayPal if anyone else was looking to buy.
I have one Hydor canister running, but it's not enough to handle the 180 gallon. So 1 of these looks like it will be more than enough to help out with the other canister. Plus I like it has the UV sterilizer built in. Thanks also for everyone's recommendations.

www.kensfish.com

Aquatop Forza FZ13 Canister Filter with 13 Watt UV BC-34-01-016437$169.99$169.99

Aquatop Forza FZ9 Canister Filter with 9 Watt UV BC-34-01-016420$139.99$139.99

Becca

Members
Has anybody used these Aquatop filters? Looking to place an order for 1 of the 2 from Ken's Fish while their on sale. Plus he accepts PayPal if anyone else was looking to buy.
I have one Hydor canister running, but it's not enough to handle the 180 gallon. So 1 of these looks like it will be more than enough to help out with the other canister. Plus I like it has the UV sterilizer built in. Thanks also for everyone's recommendations.

www.kensfish.com

Aquatop Forza FZ13 Canister Filter with 13 Watt UVBC-34-01-016437$169.99$169.99

Aquatop Forza FZ9 Canister Filter with 9 Watt UVBC-34-01-016420$139.99$139.99

Please consider checking out Aquatic Creations on 355 in Urbana/hyattstown. They stock Aquatop products and could probably tell you a fair amount about them. I'm sure they're prices are higher than Ken's, but they're also there for you and reachable if you have a problem.

Please consider checking out Aquatic Creations on 355 in Urbana/hyattstown. They stock Aquatop products and could probably tell you a fair amount about them. I'm sure they're prices are higher than Ken's, but they're also there for you and reachable if you have a problem.
Thanks Becca, will look into it.