• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Apistogrammas, Dwarf rainbowfish species or other community fish

CichlidDan

Members
Hi everyone, I’m looking to buy some apistos, dwarf rainbowfish species and also would be interested in some other community fish that will do well in our local tap water and temp of 78 degrees. Please let me know what you have and prices. Thanks

Becca

Members
I have a half dozen black emperor tetras to spare and, if you wait a few weeks, I'll probably have some of the Kerri emperor tetras grown out.

Aquatic Creations is also a good place to try - they use the same water we have. I've had good experiences getting things like green neons, otocinclus, and gold tetras from them. Sometimes they even have unusual finds, like hyalobagrus.

CichlidDan

Members
I have a half dozen black emperor tetras to spare and, if you wait a few weeks, I'll probably have some of the Kerri emperor tetras grown out.

Aquatic Creations is also a good place to try - they use the same water we have. I've had good experiences getting things like green neons, otocinclus, and gold tetras from them. Sometimes they even have unusual finds, like hyalobagrus.
Thanks Becca. When would be a good week to check back on the Kerri emperors?

I checked Aquatic Creations last week but will check to see if they got anything in this week if not I’ll probably ask Heather if she sees anything I’m looking for on the list to order it.

Becca

Members
Thanks Becca. When would be a good week to check back on the Kerri emperors?

I checked Aquatic Creations last week but will check to see if they got anything in this week if not I’ll probably ask Heather if she sees anything I’m looking for on the list to order it.

Check in on them at the January CCA meeting? They're a bit small now but putting on size quickly.

Becca

Members
The tetras are currently between 1/2" and 3/4" (They only get to be about 1.25" total). I could do 6 for $20, if you're interested.

Becca

Members
Have a pic of the adults? How nippy are they, do you think they’d mess with pseudomugil rainbows?
I don't consider most tetras nippy.
This is an adult, but if you want a photo of the actual parentsyou'll have to ask Maury. Genetic testing is not in my budget.

20191231_164350.jpg

CichlidDan

Members
Thanks for sending that but I'm not interested in apisto cacatuoides