• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Win Bat(fish) at the CCA Jan 14 meeting (Featuring Jen Williams on Aquascaping)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Need one more reason to come to the January meeting of the CCA (on Saturday, Jan 14 featuring Jen Williams on "Aquascaping")?

All CCA members who attend are eligible to win a $25 gift card from awesome CCA sponsor Batfish Aquatics (www.batfishaquatics.com)?

Here's what you need to do to enter:

1) Post a topic and/or speaker that you'd like to learn about at a future CCA meeting or event in this thread, and

2) Be a CCA member (joining takes but a moment: https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/account/upgrades), and

3) Attend the January meeting and pick up a ticket (one ticket per member or attendee for family memberships) from the raffle table. The drawing will take place after Jennifer's presentation. You must be present to win!

Good luck and see you in January!

Matt

FishEggs

I'd like to learn more about Jen Williams and her aquascaping. :)

I'm in luck. That happens to be next meeting. Can't wait.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I would like to learn more about setting up biotope aquariums, and what types of decor/plants/etc. would be appropriate for several different biotopes. It would be great to see photos/videos of each biotope aquarium, along with visual representations of how those biotopes appear in nature.

reubendan

Members
I would like to learn more about the various collection points of lake Malawi. The kind of fish that lives, kind of rocks, formations and lake bed substrates.

Carolineep

CCA Members
All of the above.

I think it would be neat if we had something like a CCA ted talk.

Maybe invite out of state folks to speak via video conference or something like that.

zendog

I'd like to hear a talk on maintaining good genetics. So for instance if you are breeding Lake Tanganyikan fish, is there a best practices for introducing new wild stock to your breeding every certain number of generations to keep from defects from inbreeding. Also, with fish like Electric Blue Acara that are line bred and probably have a pretty constrained gene pool, how should you select breeders from successive generations, etc. And I guess anything else about selective breeding for certain traits, etc.